It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vatican Makes Deals With Youtube and Google

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The Vatican Makes Deals With Youtube and Google

www.nowpublic.com

Pope Benedict XVI is daring to go where no other Pontiff has gone - to YouTube and Google. Vatican TV Centre and Vatican Radio are now collaborating with Henrique de Castro, managing director of media solutions for Google, which owns YouTube, and will make details public in a news conference on Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
deacbench.blogspot.com

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
First thread, so go easy. Mods please move to appropriate area if needed.

Well i don't know what to make of this, pretty sure it can't be good, considering how corrupt the Vatican is, and how it is a major player with the PTB.

The resources and driving force behind google is enormous, so makes sense for them to become 'partners in crime' as it were.

Don't know what to fully make of it yet, what are your thoughts and opinions?

Peace

www.nowpublic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-1-2009 by The 5th]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Online churchcast? Perhaps it's the Vatican moving to be more in line with the times.

Obama has brought YouTube to the forefront for major media and it's logical to assume that the church has taken note of its use and the awareness it can bring for a cause.

I would say the deal is to broadcast major Catholic events to the world easily and cheaply. This way they can control the content and showcase the church to the world.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Well, this is interesting!

...daring to go where no other Pontiff has gone...

I wonder if he'll broadcast his occult rituals?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

they probily will

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thats the thing though, as if it's not controlling enough, it has now increased its potential audience worldwide. Could all be very innocent, but i've just got the feeling it's not. The Vatican getting it's finger in the online pie? Also im pondering how much these deals cost, is this the most noble thing a church could spend it's money on?

Peace

new topics

top topics

join