It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

empty or unexperienced soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
this topics is a bit off the wall but i truely hope it can open up some discussion about how i feel as a human being.

so here we go -

i feel like my soul can be empty, and can sometimes feel "young". inexperienced, innocent but wondering about certain topics.sometimes it takes me hours to snap out of a mood i am in, and this mood is cold, calculated and emotionless. it usually comes out when i am in a state of emotional pain.

some would sya that it is a defense mechanism that i subconiously have. personally, i feel guilty that during situations like that, i truely do feel nothing. i have lost partners over fights or topics and having no emotional attachment to said topics.

sitting on my bed and thinking about it, i ponder as to whether my soul is a new soul, learning as it goes along,getting passionate about something and then mucking up - or such an old soul that everything is just black, white or grey.. with no emotional attachment.

i guess what i am really trying to say is that sometimes i feel nothing when i know i should - funerals, weddings... and othertimes there is a paroxysm of emotions that i just cannot contain.

is there something strange about my soul, is there something i can do to find a middle band, or am i just imagining the whole thing and its just the way human life really is? have i been hurt so much in the past that present relationships when heated in debate will cause the emotional side of my soul to cut itself off?

is this a known phenomena? is there a catagory for people like myself?

i was raised by beautiful parents, a loving family - i have no mental health issues, nothing in my life is stressful and yet i feel this way.

... i just want help as to identifying what i am, and if i'm alone.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I can't provide much help but I can relate. Often time I don't feel emotions when I know it should. I've questioned it but I've never really let it bother me. Maybe you are worrying about it to much?

On the other hand my emotions are pretty steady in general so it's not so strange for me when I don't feel them like everyone does. Don't get me wrong though, my emotions work fine. I just think I have more control over them than most people and sometimes maybe a little to much control, resulting in not being about to feel sad when I think I should, but at the same time everyone finds their own way in dealing.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by faaip

I don't really know the answers to your questions but I will offer you a piece of advice that has helped me:

Emotions are funny things & they don't always behave like they should. Furthermore we are constantly programmed to think/feel certain things on certain occasions, but that's not always how it is.

So stop worrying about how you think you are supposed to feel.
Just feel whatever you feel & focus on that.
If you don't really feel anything that's fine, sometimes things need to get processed before they manifest as concrete feelings, and other times things just don't provoke a strong emotional reaction.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey, just throwing my thoughts into the mill. As stated by someone else, no one can tell you how to feel.

If it is any consolation, since i turned 25 any happy ending or something sad i cry like a baby. Seriously! Never been like that before. hope you find some answers soon!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by emmy
Hey, just throwing my thoughts into the mill. As stated by someone else, no one can tell you how to feel.

If it is any consolation, since i turned 25 any happy ending or something sad i cry like a baby. Seriously! Never been like that before. hope you find some answers soon!

Doesn't chemicals and our diet effect things like this?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Possibly.

However I probably won't blame the diet, lol, i've been eating healthy the past 5 years, but could well be a chemical imbalance, now you mention it. I'm not a sadcase 24/7, just when i read or see things with sad or happy endings, or adverts etc... I nearly turn into a jibbering wreck...heck, I cry at the end of the Harry Potter movies

...Or maybe the fact I wanted to be more girlier has actually taken place mentally. I need to watch more scary movies, I'm sure I wont be crying then! Hehe!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
ey all

thanks for the replies, good to know there are people who have experienced the same thing

i don't think its a chemical imbalance, i just think its more of a spiritual thing. for some reason i continually gravitate towards psychic or Sumerian reading, espcially as of late. what is interesting is a lot of the reading continually goes back to shakra healing and the glands related to it.

perhaps its my body trying to tell me my soul needs healing or growth, and maybe thats why i have very little emotions

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Here's a link to a discussion you may find helpful:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

From my point of view, if you're old enough and aware enough to wonder if you're a young spirit, then you have or are on the verge of having sufficient awareness to be, hmmmm.....sort of early adult? But it could also mean simply an early stage of waking up, spiritually speaking.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Do you ingore your feelings? Do you simply deny them? Do you have problems fully expressing yourself? Do you feel distant toward most people?

These are all questions that will give people a better understanding of what your going through. I can relate to some of the things you said. People dieing or leaving my life doesnt cause me as much greif as it would some other people, but I dont think thats bad. Its probably better for someone to have that type of perception on their lives.

My parents once told me that they were getting a divorce and I pretended to be sad. When honestly I seemed not to even care because in my mind if they wanted to get a divorce that should be something they should do.

Many of my friends have left me from moving away and it doesnt really bother me a whole lot. I appreciate their friendship, but I see them leaving me as an opening for new expriences in my life and ultimately potential for something better for both parties.

I dont lack compassion, I just dont feel the need to hold on to something or someone because change is inevitable.

new topics

top topics

join