It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why? Profit? Big Business evil or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have one question, and it may be obvious. I don't understand why the government and all of the big corporate businesses are doing such "evil" acts, if it's just for /profit/.

I mean, what are they to gain when the whole world is sucked dry of all resources? What are they going to buy with all of this profit? What's the main influence here? I know that people whom work for themselves, such as the big businesses are considered "evil", much like the character of satan.

You could possibly say that they only want profit simply because they cannot create completely efficient products, but 100% efficiency is virtually impossible.

I think they might actually be a blessing in disguise towards freedom, by making so much profit to further technological advance to gain a higher efficiency in products. Sure the big CEO's take home A LOT of money, but do you consider how much they are putting towards advances in their products? I mean, even the cost to advertise these products is MASSIVE.

Just something to think about. I'd love to hear all of your opinions.

This is, of course, my first thread. I've been reading ATS for awhile, and finally decided to join so I could voice my opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Precisely.

Thats what I've been saying all along.

Sure it may be nice for them to "enslave the noble workers faction" via wages; create dynastic wealth and hoard it etc etc etc.

But at the end of the day, money means nothing unless it is used to buy something or some service.

Take Bill Gates. He must be widely hated in leftist circles... yet what is he doing with 99% of his wealth? Yup... its going to charity.

I can believe in the NWO because they have "higher" goals... the reduction of the world's population, social engineering etc.

But a big business conspiracy which only generates meaningless profit? Nah... doesn't strike me as logical by itself (unless some of those funds flow into the NWO).

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The government is declared evil yet we continue to depend on it more and more to make our life as comfortable as possible.

Businesses are declared evil yet we continue to buy the products the evil companies constantly put out.

When a business outsources American jobs, what do we do?

We complain that they are evil and only trying to make huge profits and then we continue to buy their goods that we can't live without.

If they are so evil, why do we rely on and support them so much?

Ultimately, it is we the people who are giving them those profits.

I don't think they are as evil as we paint them out to be.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm lookin' for some disagreement here, haha.

I love what you guys had to say. (forgive me if you're a girl)
But, I would really like more to ponder.

new topics

top topics

join