It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and Income Tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I love a good conspiracy... as long as they make sense, and there's evidence to support it. The conspiracy has to be plausible, valid, and possible.

With that said, and with me having so much time on my hands at night, for the past week I have been checking out the 16th Amendment, concerning income tax, and how it is reportedly illegal; I must admit, I like this... not because I would stop paying federal taxes (I'm except anyway), but because the accusers have a very good point.

1. The ratification wording varied state to state
2. Some states that voted weren't officially states
3. The income tax goes against other amendments concerning slave labor and the taxation of liberties

I won't go into alot of detail about that here, as this is not the purpose of this writing. Obama's swearing in is.

On Tuesday, apparently there was a foul-up in Obama's swearing in... this foul-up was enough to generate a large amount of buzz both on the news and the internet, with claims from all sides that since the wording was different from what was suppose to be said, Obama wasn't officially president. Because of this, Obama retook the oath, as can be read here:

www.cnn.com...

Now, what I pose to all of you is this: If the misread / misspoken oath had to be redone to make it official, then why hasn't this been done with the Income Tax? I'm not saying to stop paying your taxes, most of us here don't already... I'm just making a point and an observation.

[edit on 2009/1/22 by The Soothsayer]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Because Income Taxes have to do with money. Presidential oaths have to do with acting...

join