It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gerald Celente predicts rioting and revolution by 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
According to Gerald Celente of the Trends Research Institute (a Trend Forcaster) by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

www.youtube.com...

“We’re going to see the end of the retail Christmas….we’re going to see a fundamental shift take place….putting food on the table is going to be more important that putting gifts under the Christmas tree,” said Celente, adding that the situation would be “worse than the great depression”.

“America’s going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for,” said Celente, noting that people’s refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis.

The consequence of what we have seen unfold this year would lead to a lowering in living standards, Celente predicted a year ago, which is also being borne out by plummeting retail sales figures.

“There will be a revolution in this country,” he said. “It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen.”

“The first thing to do is organize with tax revolts. That’s going to be the big one because people can’t afford to pay more school tax, property tax, any kind of tax. You’re going to start seeing those kinds of protests start to develop.”

“It’s going to be very bleak. Very sad. And there is going to be a lot of homeless, the likes of which we have never seen before. Tent cities are already sprouting up around the country and we’re going to see many more.”

“We’re going to start seeing huge areas of vacant real estate and squatters living in them as well. It’s going to be a picture the likes of which Americans are not going to be used to. It’s going to come as a shock and with it, there’s going to be a lot of crime. And the crime is going to be a lot worse than it was before because in the last 1929 Depression, people’s minds weren’t wrecked on all these modern drugs – over-the-counter drugs, or crystal meth or whatever it might be. So, you have a huge underclass of very desperate people with their minds chemically blown beyond anybody’s comprehension.”

So who is this Gerald Celente ?

georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

“When CNN wants to know about the Top Trends, we ask Gerald Celente.”
— CNN Headline News

“A network of 25 experts whose range of specialties would rival many university faculties.”
— The Economist

“Gerald Celente has a knack for getting the zeitgeist right.”
— USA Today

“There’s not a better trend forecaster than Gerald Celente. The man knows what he’s talking about.”
- CNBC

“Those who take their predictions seriously … consider the Trends Research Institute.”
— The Wall Street Journal

“Gerald Celente is always ahead of the curve on trends and uncannily on the mark … he’s one of the most accurate forecasters around.”
— The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

“Mr. Celente tracks the world’s social, economic and business trends for corporate clients.”
— The New York Times

“Mr. Celente is a very intelligent guy. We are able to learn about trends from an authority.”
— 48 Hours, CBS News

“Gerald Celente has a solid track record. He has predicted everything from the 1987 stock market crash and the demise of the Soviet Union to green marketing and corporate downsizing.”
— The Detroit News

“Gerald Celente forecast the 1987 stock market crash, ‘green marketing,’ and the boom in gourmet coffees.”
— Chicago Tribune

“The Trends Research Institute is the Standard and Poors of Popular Culture.”
— The Los Angeles Times

“If Nostradamus were alive today, he’d have a hard time keeping up with Gerald Celente.”
— New York Poste

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I R teh scared now. HOPEFULLY it doesn't happen. also is this based off if we follow the trend of right now? If so, things change so you never know. But in my opinion, since I'm kind of a cynic, I could see this happening. Oh and what's with the double post? there is this topic and Coming to America, Food Shortages, something, and a revolution? both by you.

[edit on 1/22/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
He sounds like he's got it pretty close to me but I don't think its such a big deal to draw a lot of those same conclusions. However,

by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation

sounds pretty silly. An undeveloped nation? I think the phrasing could be better like by 2012 America will show some of the same traits as undeveloped nations.
Start now to live on less and maybe weathering the storm won't be so bad. I'm at least doubling the vegetable garden space this year.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
An interesting thing happened this morning that gave me a little more perspective on the state of our nation (at least here in CA). As I came into work and relieved my overnight security I showed him this thread. I then proceeded to tell him how I was not seeing any "overt" signs of this and that I wasn't sure when riots could/would start. Then he enlightened me. And I admit, I am in a mid/upper management position and I live in a rural community and I only commute into the bigger city for work, then I get the heck out. He explained how he and a friend went to a welfare office and there were more people in there than he has ever seen. He then told me about the conditions in the inner city area that he lives in. Needless to say the picture was one of more people than ever out of work, more people begging and selling property than he's ever seen and more crime than he's seen. To a great degree he gave me a glimpse of ground zero in this economic downturn. For him, seeing a riot start didn't seem far fetched at all. Picture a welfare office with people in a line onto the street...then the word comes out that no more benefits are available; instant riot condition. All I can say is be ready, its gonna be a rough year to say the least.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
www.financialsense.com...

Open link and click on Gerald Celente's pic. Once open, click on MP3 to hear it.....

Here's an alert just sent out by the Celente forecasting team.

"CODE RED: Economy in Collapse -
Drastic Actions Will Be Taken

KINGSTON, NY, 22 January 2009 --

"We are forecasting dramatic measures will soon be taken by the Obama Administration that will worsen the credit crisis and severely damage the nation's economic system," says Celente.

For example, Timothy Geithner, President Obama's nominee for Treasury Secretary, has pledged to expand and prolong government intervention in the financial markets. He said his economic team would take "forceful" and "substantial action" on a "very dramatic scale" to "forge an integrated strategy on how best to achieve currency realignment."

Celente advises to closely read the signals that have been clearly telegraphed by Mr. Geithner. "From proclaiming a bank holiday, confiscating gold to backstop devaluing currencies, mega-bailouts for the too-big-to-fails ... to nationalizing public firms and dollar devaluation ... whichever of these or other actions are taken, the financial burden will fall on the American people," Celente forecasts."

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Pinktip]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
ccording to Gerald Celente of the Trends Research Institute (a Trend Forcaster) by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

“We’re going to see the end of the retail Christmas….we’re going to see a fundamental shift take place….putting food on the table is going to be more important that putting gifts under the Christmas tree,” said Celente, adding that the situation would be “worse than the great depression”.

“America’s going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for,” said Celente, noting that people’s refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis. Throwing in 2012 and a pinch of disater just gained him the media currency that'll help his a** ride it out in style.

The consequence of what we have seen unfold this year would lead to a lowering in living standards, Celente predicted a year ago, which is also being borne out by plummeting retail sales figures.

He made these predictions late last year so the 'shock and awe' needle is still low on the dial. Me and friends predicted the Recession over two years ago based on the obvious rises in the cost of living and taxes. Unsustainable. A lot of people saw it coming.

That America will be 'undeveloped' is an interesting phrase and open to interpretation. Lower living standards are a typical feature of recessions. Food does become more important than retail. The UK had a recession in 1992, jobs went and people bought cheap cuts of meat and more potatoes and pasta. Basic food. He's basically, predicting the standard features of any recession. How does that make him special? Is it because he's always right? He isn't. He's often wrong.

It's all Confirmation bias, with predictors and prophets. They all make hay while the sun shines. The rest gets swept beneath the carpet.

new topics

top topics

join