It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming to America, riots, food shortages, and a revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
According to Gerald Celente of the Trends Research Institute (a Trend Forcaster) by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

www.youtube.com...

“We’re going to see the end of the retail Christmas….we’re going to see a fundamental shift take place….putting food on the table is going to be more important that putting gifts under the Christmas tree,” said Celente, adding that the situation would be “worse than the great depression”.

“America’s going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for,” said Celente, noting that people’s refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis.

The consequence of what we have seen unfold this year would lead to a lowering in living standards, Celente predicted a year ago, which is also being borne out by plummeting retail sales figures.

“There will be a revolution in this country,” he said. “It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen.”

“The first thing to do is organize with tax revolts. That’s going to be the big one because people can’t afford to pay more school tax, property tax, any kind of tax. You’re going to start seeing those kinds of protests start to develop.”

“It’s going to be very bleak. Very sad. And there is going to be a lot of homeless, the likes of which we have never seen before. Tent cities are already sprouting up around the country and we’re going to see many more.”

“We’re going to start seeing huge areas of vacant real estate and squatters living in them as well. It’s going to be a picture the likes of which Americans are not going to be used to. It’s going to come as a shock and with it, there’s going to be a lot of crime. And the crime is going to be a lot worse than it was before because in the last 1929 Depression, people’s minds weren’t wrecked on all these modern drugs – over-the-counter drugs, or crystal meth or whatever it might be. So, you have a huge underclass of very desperate people with their minds chemically blown beyond anybody’s comprehension.”

So who is this Gerald Celente ?

georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

“When CNN wants to know about the Top Trends, we ask Gerald Celente.”
— CNN Headline News

“A network of 25 experts whose range of specialties would rival many university faculties.”
— The Economist

“Gerald Celente has a knack for getting the zeitgeist right.”
— USA Today

“There’s not a better trend forecaster than Gerald Celente. The man knows what he’s talking about.”
- CNBC

“Those who take their predictions seriously … consider the Trends Research Institute.”
— The Wall Street Journal

“Gerald Celente is always ahead of the curve on trends and uncannily on the mark … he’s one of the most accurate forecasters around.”
— The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

“Mr. Celente tracks the world’s social, economic and business trends for corporate clients.”
— The New York Times

“Mr. Celente is a very intelligent guy. We are able to learn about trends from an authority.”
— 48 Hours, CBS News

“Gerald Celente has a solid track record. He has predicted everything from the 1987 stock market crash and the demise of the Soviet Union to green marketing and corporate downsizing.”
— The Detroit News

“Gerald Celente forecast the 1987 stock market crash, ‘green marketing,’ and the boom in gourmet coffees.”
— Chicago Tribune

“The Trends Research Institute is the Standard and Poors of Popular Culture.”
— The Los Angeles Times

“If Nostradamus were alive today, he’d have a hard time keeping up with Gerald Celente.”
— New York Poste

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Please?

He's probably right, and the worst part is that the dumbed down bulk of main stream America have no clue it's right around the corner.

Even after witnessing the blatant looting of the fake wealth we had left, hardly anyone even batted an eye until half their 401k's disappeared.

Unfortunately, it's a bit too late now for them to do anything about it.

Shred the FED and hang the bankers.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Very enlightening.

He´s been right in the past, and he seems more likely to be right in the future than those who say everything is great untill reality cannot be denied.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
People are living in a horrid state of denial right now.

They refuse to believe that the unthinkable is right around the corner. They are trying to convince themselves that events like this can only happen in other countries that they see on tv.

The brutal reality of it all will finally hit home around next fall... after third quarter losses are tallied and millions are out of work and facing a cold winter with no money and no benefits.

It is bad man, worse than bad. I know Im a pessimist and I rarely see a half full glass, but I am convinced that barring some kind of miracle, this same America as we all know it will cease to exist by this time next year. It will still be America, just not the one that we are accustom to.

And most people that I know seem to care less. Ignorance, however bliss, is still ignorance. But how do you convince people of what is in store for them? Hell, I barely believe it myself.

Keep on sucking down those $8 Starbucks expresso latte's and texting in your votes for Americas Next Top Model I suppose.

Meanwhile I will be busy making preparations for the collapse of civilized society.

The decade long party is now over, the mess has been made, sobriety is setting in and the check is now coming due.

Time to pay the piper America...it was fun while it lasted.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

Interesting thread. I see a similar possibility, if we don't individually and collectively wake up rather quickly...

Two questions:

1) Who the hell is this guy and why are all the CFR created/backed news media lauding him so vociferously?

and

2) Are you growing your own food or planning to live with a collective that already does?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
“There will be a revolution in this country,” he said. “It’s not going to come yet, but it’s going to come down the line and we’re going to see a third party and this was the catalyst for it: the takeover of Washington, D. C., in broad daylight by Wall Street in this bloodless coup. And it will happen as conditions continue to worsen.”

This part definitely caught my attention more than any other. 3rd party... Makes me think Ron Paul, and all of the patriots I know that are getting really upset and buying 'supplies' for times to come. I mean, some people are really getting pissed, and ready to take back this country.

I could only hope that so many people become homeless, and upset enough to finally fight back.

It blows my mind that so many people are being bent over the table, and happily taking everything that the government keeps dishing out. How many people need to end up homeless and hungry, before we will be willing to do something about it?

Americans = flaming idiots, if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You dont want fear and shock all at once.

Just like when you get a cut on the finger you fear the worst before you look down at it.

You need to take each day as it comes and keep in a positive state off mind. Prepare, listen and reflect within.

Fear is the precursor to actually getting some thing you dont want. Enjoy life as if its your last day but i find its best to not fear.

I suggest everyone to read about the "100 monkey's phenomenon"

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by meadowfairy
You dont want fear and shock all at once.

Just like when you get a cut on the finger you fear the worst before you look down at it.

You need to take each day as it comes and keep in a positive state off mind. Prepare, listen and reflect within.

Fear is the precursor to actually getting some thing you dont want. Enjoy life as if its your last day but i find its best to not fear.

I suggest everyone to read about the "100 monkey's phenomenon"

Well in this case the people are looking down and fearing a cut only to soon realize that their entire arm has been chopped off.

And Im all for a positive mind set and taking things one day at a time....but when you are standing on the shores and you see the mighty storm raging in the near distance it is a bit difficult to keep a sense of optimism.

You tell me....if this isnt the time to panic exactly when is?

I hope your 100 monkeys all have steady employment history and decent portfolios, otherwise they will be huddled in the soup lines with the rest of us.

Not picking on you at all, I admire your positive outlook...I dont understand it...but I admire it

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemicalbrother

Interesting thread. I see a similar possibility, if we don't individually and collectively wake up rather quickly...

Two questions:

1) Who the hell is this guy and why are all the CFR created/backed news media lauding him so vociferously?

and

2) Are you growing your own food or planning to live with a collective that already does?

1. Apparently this guy and his firm are used by corporations a lot to predict trends in markets. He is pretty accurate and even FOX News says the guy is pretty credible. Makes you think when a guy goes on FOX network and predicts revolution and a undeveloped America and DOESNT get ripped as a conspiracy nut.

2. I live in Idaho so Im pretty rural and insulated from govt affairs to begin with. And yes I do grow my own vegtables. I also have an apricot tree and a couple of apple trees. A stream runs behind my property about a 1/4 mile away. And if I have to Ill go get some rabbits and chickens and raise them if necessary.

There are farms all around me. Mountains if I need to get away. My family camps all the time so we have the gear and knowledge to last a bit in the bush.

Not that I want it to come to that. It gets pretty dam cold here and I like Olive Garden over rabbit

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Blackops lol!

It is very hard to do and i will admit im in the same boat as everyone else. But i did realise if we keep with our minds pushing onto the negative it will and can hit us alot faster then we actually realise. One day it will creep up knock on the door and wham bam thank you mam.

Do you want this to come around faster or do you want to make sure you are fully prepared and aware of whats to come and take action.

Watch the doco 'esoteric agenda' on google videos its the closest depiction of what is happening and going to happen and what we need to do.

Fast forward to 1:50:00 and he speaks of the finonacci sequence, fear to replace with love. I also like it when the speaker at the end say sometthing along the lines that you can go into any dark room and light a candle and instantly that darkness fleas and you cannot do the opposite you cannot take any amount of darkness into that well lit room. This is to show that you are on the winning side and not a fight to be fought(you can replace fear with love).

[edit on 22-1-2009 by meadowfairy]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis

Originally posted by admriker444

This part definitely caught my attention more than any other. 3rd party... Makes me think Ron Paul, and all of the patriots I know that are getting really upset and buying 'supplies' for times to come. I mean, some people are really getting pissed, and ready to take back this country.

I could only hope that so many people become homeless, and upset enough to finally fight back.

It blows my mind that so many people are being bent over the table, and happily taking everything that the government keeps dishing out. How many people need to end up homeless and hungry, before we will be willing to do something about it?

Americans = flaming idiots, if you ask me.

I saw Jesse Ventura speak recently and I could see him forming a 3rd party.

I hope we get a viable 3rd party option. The only other option is civil war and i doubt that will end well for anyone. It would let the bankers get richer. It wont change a thing as whoever wins wil likely be backed by the elite

One thing is for sure, hyperinflation is coming and soon. You cant increase the money supply by 70% and expect prices to remain the same on goods.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

One thing is for sure, hyperinflation is coming and soon. You cant increase the money supply by 70% and expect prices to remain the same on goods.

Sure you can as long as no one has any of the money they can't pay the inflated prices, so supply and demand comes into play. Necessities are going to skyrocket if anything they already are, energy (the decrease in gas is only because of a supply chain glut it will go back up) is already consuming a lions share of the middle and lower classes income, food is catching up, soon you'll see non necessities really cheap, but you won't buy them because you'll be saving what money you have for next years heat bill. Soon after that you will be in line for one of Obama's new;y created gov't jobs in collective farms and nationalized energy projects. Perhaps you will be one of his 500,000 national security police to keep the people's back to the grind stone. Either way you will be happy to be warm and fed by the Messiah!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This content is shallow. All the atrocities committed by mankind up until now, will seem as a speck of dust in a sand storm, compared to the next few years mutilation and death, and no part of the earth will escape this depopulation.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

We are spectators and it like watching a bad movie but the awful part of it is we all are playing parts in the bad movie. We all set back and say fix the economy but the fixers do not know what the hell they are doing.

Try this try that I am sorry We The People it did not work. We are sorry all your retirement is gone we had to help the banks. We are sorry We The People your jobs are all gone and you have no food or shelter we had to take care of the banks first.

You have to under stand We The People, the bankers hold the mortgages on our big houses and big cars. Now you understand why we, the politicians, must take care of the banks first and the banks own us but please do not tell anybody.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore
[
Shred the FED and hang the bankers.

Hanging bankers could become common if the public finally gets smart and practices jury nullification. I know that if i'm on a jury where the defendant is accused of beating up or killing a corrupt banker or govt official - that person is gonna walk even if i think he's guilty.

A corrupt govt is not gonna correct itself. The public has to do it.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by racegunz

Sure you can as long as no one has any of the money they can't pay the inflated prices, so supply and demand comes into play. Necessities are going to skyrocket if anything they already are, energy (the decrease in gas is only because of a supply chain glut it will go back up) is already consuming a lions share of the middle and lower classes income, food is catching up, soon you'll see non necessities really cheap, but you won't buy them because you'll be saving what money you have for next years heat bill. Soon after that you will be in line for one of Obama's new;y created gov't jobs in collective farms and nationalized energy projects. Perhaps you will be one of his 500,000 national security police to keep the people's back to the grind stone. Either way you will be happy to be warm and fed by the Messiah!!

The elite already have the money. They used it to buy gold, debts, and even other banks.

Its part of the circulation now which means the dollar will devalue at some point within a yr tops. Its a fact, our money will be worth at least 70% less very soon.

Have you seen all those commercials on television asking to buy your gold ? One company even has a system where you just mail your gold in an envelope then they send you a check. Do you think maybe they know something ? Something like the fact that gold is about to increase dramatically.

www.youtube.com...

The fact that people dont have a job or money just makes things worse. Food prices will certainly go up as will energy costs, essentially everything because the dollar will be worthless

[edit on 25-1-2009 by admriker444]

[edit on 25-1-2009 by admriker444]

top topics

join