It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Executive Orders Focus on Gov't Ethics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Halt Prosecutions at Gunatanamo

In the first hours of his presidency, President Obama directed an immediate halt to the Bush administration’s military commissions system for prosecuting detainees at the detention center at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba.
Later this week, the new administration is expected to issue an executive order that is to start what could be a long process of closing the detention camp, where about 245 detainees remain.

Senior Staff Pay Freeze

President Obama introduced his first executive orders today. In addition to a senior staff pay freeze, he imposed tough new restrictions on lobbying within his administration. The new rules are aimed at stopping the "revolving door" of lobbyists into and out of the administration.

The change has begun.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What did you expect? This is the first hundred days whitewash. He knows all eyes are on whatever he's doing and scrutinizing his every move. Give him time to settle into office and people to get back to business as usual and we'll start to see the real Barack Obama - just a typical politician breaking typical campaign promises. He'll be under criminal investigation inside of a year.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Already he's improving in my eyes, but I'm still really skeptical.

Second lines like this one are tasty.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Of course he will. Republicans have always been fantastic at creating a great show for the public. I expect 8 more years of Clinton-like scandal (aka, crap that could have waited until he was out of the presidency).

Democrats can't impeach an administration that admits torture, indefinite detainment, illegal wiretapping. If I can give any credit to Republicans, it is that they can certainly create a circus when they want to.

So, yay! Eight more years of BS scandal and baseless accusations!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
What did you expect? This is the first hundred days whitewash. He knows all eyes are on whatever he's doing and scrutinizing his every move. Give him time to settle into office and people to get back to business as usual and we'll start to see the real Barack Obama - just a typical politician breaking typical campaign promises. He'll be under criminal investigation inside of a year.

Haha, Hypocrisy at it's finest, but then again I wouldn't expect anything else from you.

WRONG, sir. SOME of Bush's decisions have yielded results UNDESIRABLE to the majority of the people. Definately not all of his decisions. SOME of his decisions yielded quite FAVORABLE results as shown in the Executive Orders above. Are you not capable of giving a man credit where it's due? Or does that bit of humanity escape you?

Get off the ALL OR NOTHING bandwagon.

This is a great start that Obama is off to!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
hmmmmm....this sure sounds, and looks good.......perhaps some change is on its way......

top topics

join