It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming wave of UV light to Activate Junk DNA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

In nearly all genetic research ultra violate light is used to stimulate genetic changes in DNA. DNA responds to energy with in the electromagnetic frequency range (400 to 10 nanometers) we have named ultra violet. Frequencies above or below the UV range DNA can not feel or respond to. Like an antenna, its structure defines the wavelength that it resonates with. In most genetic research the fruit fly is the common subject to be studied because of their rapid rate of reproduction and low cost. The gonads of the fruit fly are irradiated with UV and the changes in the off spring are studied. In 2002 the Germans sent beer yeast up in one of the space shuttles in order to expose it to natural UV above the stratosphere seeking changes in the yeast's DNA with the hope of developing a better beer. For other purposes they also wanted to see if natural UV was more effective than laboratory electronically generated UV. For a number of reasons our controllers have attempted to convince us that UV is dangerous when it is actually healing and empowering, if one is also healing emotionally. Healing emotionally is our personal responsibility side of the formula.

Continued here

I wonder what the affects on us could be, for years junk DNA has had no use that the researchers will openly tell us. What do you guys and gals think?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Nevermind, post removed

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Gears Of War]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
ya know, some ET'S have reported latly that they are now sending
light from our sun ( wiche is a gateway to god ) in order too
activet our sleeping DNA.

I wonder,,,

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Ok. That convinced me. This summer I'm not wearing clothes or sunscreen, hitting the beach at 9:00AM and not leaving until 4:00PM, every day.

UV radiation breaks the bonds in DNA and causes bases to rejoin in strange (bad) ways. It doesn't care what part of the chromosome it does it to, "junk" DNA or otherwise. It doesn't activate anything, it destroys. It creates mutations (including cancer).

[edit on 1/20/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Uh, yeah UV light changes DNA. It breaks the molecules, usually proving fatal to the cells it affects. Scientists use it on the gonads of fruit flies to give them inheritable mutations in the egg and sperm cells that survive. There's no mechanism for transferring a mutation that occurs in any given cell of the body to the rest, the only way for a mutation to enter the germline is through an inherited mutation.

Basically, UV to the body from an external source gives you sunburn, and, increasingly likely with exposure, cancer. That's what happens when you mess with the DNA of cells that are going about their business keeping you alive; they die, suffer a mutation that does not cause any problem, or suffer damage to the DNA that controls their replication and become cancer.

Stronger UV light means more sunburn, more cancer.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

reply to post by mdiinican

Thanks for saving me the trouble, guys.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Hmmm...

It would explain why TPTB are trying every tactic possible to convince people the sun is bad for them. I don't believe them.

Do you see what I see?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Also: No serious genetics researcher in at least the past five years I've ever heard of still thinks that all "junk" DNA doesn't do anything. The term used to be a catchall term for any DNA that doesn't directly code for a protein. Modern research has shown it plays various complicated roles, some of which aren't well understood, such as in gene expression and embryonic development. one critical role "junk" DNA plays is padding out the genetic code so that mutations (such as caused by UV) stand a lower chance of striking a part that actually codes from a protein, which could prove deadly to the cell. It's also quite possible that DNA requires a measure of non-coding space for the enzymes that work on it to function properly.

Some of what constitutes junk DNA is endogenous retrovirus insertions, where at some point in the distant past, a virus performed a copying error on a cell that went on to become part of the germline for all humans, and put it's entire genetic code into the cell's DNA.

The biggest part of what constitutes junk DNA is broken copies of genes, most of which we also posses functional copies of.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Interesting feedback, I thank you for your informative responses. Looks like I'll have to do more research on this kind of stuff. Look foward to a good debate after i have further educated myself on the matter. For now I conceed by saying you sound like you are right on the subject!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
if true, russians are way ahead with their discoveries considering light/sound effects upon DNA:

article link

RUSSIAN DNA DISCOVERIES

Summarized by Baerbel
* Edited and translated

Esoteric and spiritual teachers have known for ages that our body is programmable by language, words and thought. This has now been scientifically proven and explained.

Human DNA acts like a biological version of the Internet — and it is superior to the artificial one in many ways.

The latest Russian scientific research directly or indirectly explains phenomena such as clairvoyance, intuition, spontaneous / remote acts of healing, self-healing, affirmation techniques, unusual light/auras around people (namely spiritual masters), the mind’s influence on weather patterns and much more.

In addition, there is evidence for a whole new type of medicine in which DNA can be influenced and reprogrammed by words and frequencies — WITHOUT cutting out and replacing single genes.

article continued on link above...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I agree with what Phage and mdiinican says. Just look at how people that have sunbathed their whole lives looks like. Hardly 'benefitting', eh?

And why is everything involving "Light" so often connected with New Age?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Here's another interesting read...

articles.mercola.com...

To be honest there's no conclusive experiment or research result that strongly suggest this as being fact. There might be millions of variables that can cause skin cancer. Of course this doesn't mean that you have to mutilate yourself by sun burning. But this at least makes the whole skin cancer argument questionable.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Dammit! That's why there's all those UV lights in nightclubs. Sneaky NWO, Alien monsters. When Pest Control use UV to find urine traces of rodents, it's all a conspiracy to activate dormant DNA. Clever, very clever. Lucky for us the whistleblowers put Eyes of Horus on cancer adverts to warn of us of the Illiterati plans.

The only way to find freedom is to use Factor 50 Sun Tan Lotion and sunblock.

new topics

top topics

join