It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Philadelphia Eagles - Being A Good Sport.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yes. I am licking my wounds. The Philadephia Eagles lost to the Arizona Cardinals. No crying foul, no being a poor sport. The Cardinals came out and beat the Eagles fair and square.
Am I happy about that? No Flippin' way!
Do I wish a couple plays had a different outcome? You bet I do.
It was an exciting game. When #10 Desean Jackson caught that ball for a touchdown in the 4th quarter I was dancing on the bar! It was awesome.
Then the rest of the game happened. The Cardinals marched down the field, and the Eagles failed in their mission.
Hey Cards. Nice job. You came, you played, you won.
I don't want to be a poor sport, but I am hoping that the Steelers kick your butts in the Super Bowl. (Yeah EO, I said it.......)

Well done Cardinals. Enjoy your Super Bowl appearance, 'cause next year the Eagles will win it all! (I've been saying that every year for 40 years).

On a side note, Cardinals apparently like sunflower seeds. I bought a bird feeder, alot of sunflower seeds, and a BB gun. I'll get my revenge on your feathery butts.

Congrats Cardinals. You deserve it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I hate to say they deserve it, although I've always kind of liked Kurt Warner. I thought we deserved it more, but that's to be expected. We did lose fair and square, so there will be no sour grapes from me either…..but man!

My wife thought I was going to cry Sunday after the game ended, but a hug from my little girl and a tiny voice saying, "It's OK daddy" made it right again.

Like you said though, we'll get 'em next year.

Not a doubt in my mind.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
As a Philly Native, I too am very saddened by the loss of the birds

That last play was pass interference but whats done is done....

And the Cards deserve their run at the Title.

We were so close to an all Penn Superbowl...... maybe next year.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I really wanted Philly to win too.

Steelers - Eagles SB would have been awesome.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I hate to say it but " I told you so "
Cardinals played the game right and came out on top. I'm rooting for the Cardinals in the Super bowl because it's their first one for them and they are the underdog.

The eagles played a good game but their defense came up short in the end. The eagles made a better run than my Titans so that should make you all feel better. But watch out next year because it will be the season the Titans go back to the Super bowl and get that one extra yard they need to win.
GO TITANS !

PS Your all are being a good sport and congrats for a great exiting season.

[edit on 1/20/2009 by Solarskye]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
as i said, the Cards making it to the SB proves there is a chance for the underdog, i mean, the Raiders can't suck forever, can they?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not forever….just as long as Al Davis is running the show.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

KEEPING IN MIND, they were at the SB themselves not to long ago, where they got spanked so hard, i was embarrassed of my boys, i didn't abandon them, they are still number one

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by outrider

That SIR is why I like you! You don't abandon your team. AWESOME! I watched the game back in 1980 when Jim Plunkett beat the heck out of the Eagles in the Super Bowl. Like you, I never abandonded my team.
I dig your style Outrider.
Next year, let's pray for a Raiders/Eagles matchup in the Super Bowl.
Should that happen, I do believe that you and I need to have a Pizza bet. Deal?
Stay cool my good man.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

I also am not in a position to criticize as I am a Jets fan.

However I have to say that if I were an Eagles fan I wouldn't feel confident as long as McNabb was my quarterback. He just doesn't look like he has it in him to come through at the biggest moments. God knows he's had enough opportunities.

Of course we used to say the same thing about Elway so you never really know.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

its not right to just leave them when they lose, they have been losing for years, and I'm not ashamed to say I'm a Raiders fan, i had a Raiders jacket and i wore it to school proudly

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well, I gotta stick up for my man here S-Dog.

McNabb has garnered this reputation of not being able to win the big game, but let's look at the group he's had to try and do it with. The one year we gave him the tools necessary to get the job done, he got us to the SB.

Even with the imperfect core he has had over the years, he has still taken us to Conference Championship after Conference Championship.

How many other guys have had as much success as he has had, even with superior talent around them?

Wait and see. When the team finally gives him the talent he deserves on the offensive side of the ball, McNabb WILL bring a title to Philly.

new topics

top topics

join