It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Depressing Question Ever

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I thought about this a lot and I already know I am done for so that takes a lot off of my mind. The good thing about autoimmune problems is that once you hit a big trigger like severe climate change or starvation it shuts your body down quicker than a healthier person's. Sort of a trade off!

Our fallback plan was to go to Wisconsin but if something happened tomorrow, fat chance of that! It's already dropped into the mid-40s today, that is plenty for me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Raud

I offer you some advice.

Ask yourself the question or questions.

Why do you fear?

What is it you fear?

Really look deep within yourself and answer those question.

If you cannot find an answer then you are looking in the wrong place.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

Alright, you meant that in all the best intent, I reckon.
But you need not come tell me about "asking oneself".
I fear not, and I tried expressing that in my OP, but it seems like it passed everyone by.
I am aware that there are numerous threats towards the human race, and my area is no safe haven.
My fear is none, but my awareness tells me to know of certain risks in my otherwise very calm surroundings. It is not driven by terror, it is just a sheer interest, a hobby so to speak. If you are a fellow survivalist like I, you know what I am talking about.

Originally posted by NatureBoy
while what you say is scary, consider this...

When a star dies it sends a blast of gamma radiation at super high concentration out of it's poles - this massive blast travels through space at a huge speed and should it happen to be in line with earth we are all -instantly- dead....

Yeah, that could also happen. But then we need little worry. Just make sure you kiss your ass an extra long and tender goo-hood bye!

Originally posted by NatureBoy- life is fun, enjoy it while it's here -to be honest i think i would probably enjoy a sitx more than i enjoy work but meh, i'll regret thinking that if it really happens.

I could not agree more!

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I hope you also have a means of defending yourself. When the going gets tough, you can count on your fellow human man getting pretty nasty. Ponder on that for awhile, and have a great day!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

Was that something I should have been intimidated by?
Well, I hope not because it didn't work! Hahaha, I already told you I would go out blaaaaazin'!

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
I thought about this a lot and I already know I am done for so that takes a lot off of my mind.

Sure does it, doesn't it?

It is like a paradox; the more screwed you realize you are, the less you worry!
The catastrophic situations, the "millions" kind of situations is not so worrying.
But the "survivable but dangerous and bad smelling" ones are much more worth concern!

Strange life man...
Worth drinking to!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I see that there is a major concern among some of the posters about a "NWO/Concentration Camp" situation.

This is rather disturbing.
I did not include that in my examples for a reason: if that would happen...you have to have a much different approach. Many other threats would make life as we know it now still accessible, yet impossible...
*shrugs*
I don't think that will happen though.
But it is important to just keep an little extra eye on how things evolve...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud

Well, I hope not because it didn't work! Hahaha, I already told you I would go out blaaaaazin'!

It wasn't meant to intimidate, it was simply a statement of the facts.. When resources are in short supply, civility tends to be also.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Originally posted by Raud

It wasn't meant to intimidate, it was simply a statement of the facts.. When resources are in short supply, civility tends to be also.

Yeah, I get that...
Besides, if things would turn out so ugly that full and total civil unrest would take place...maybe I will be drafted back into service... We have this national law that the military is not to be used if there is not war against our nation from an outside agressor...but things might just change... I will then have to make the choice of being a deserter or not.
That dilemma itself is material enough for long days and nights of thinking...

But yeah, some sort of armament can be useful... God forbid. I'll build myself a crossbow I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join