It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone is heaping our economic recovery on OBAMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I believe the support that African Americans are giving the president elect is great, and also everyone else that is supporting the man is great, I am afraid we are asking too much from one man, He isn't a miracle worker, he's just a man, We are all pulling for him, but there is no way I would ever trade lives with him, he will not only be at risk from those that would want him gone, he is also under the gun from just regular people that are expecting him to pull a rabbit out of a hat, there hasn't been this much worship of a president since Kennedy , and look what happened to those two brothers!
I have nothing against the African American, I have no problem with peoples skin color or lack of it, I do have a problem with the way that his own people have put him up so high on a pedestal, what the hell is he going to do to keep everyone happy? He is just one man people, one man, and I voted for him, but please back off a little and let him be a mortal man trying to do his appointed job , this will all end up badly if something happens to him, and whos to say who that would be, we still don't know who did it to kennedy. That murder all points to a man who was a traitor to our country and wanted to be a Soviet Citizen with Hero Status.
I know we have hard times coming, and the caliber of our people is no where what it was when we fell on hard times in the 1929 stock market crash and depression, there is a hell of alot of people now who depend on stores for everything, absolutely everything, only the Amish people will not notice a change until someone comes to steal from them. Believing that we aren't falling down right now is only a pipe dream. We are losing a grip on our country folks!

We did it to ourselves with walmart and china, not finishing wars with victory and bringing the enemy to the inner sanctum of our lending with our pockets getting stripped and our knuckles busted for reaching out for what damn well belongs to us and our kids. Did our forefathers lose their blood in those world wars so we could just hand our damn country over to whoever wants to sell us trinkets? we have become the new indians. and the trading post is taking our freedom while they take our lively hood.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
People expect the President, rightly or wrongly, to solve all the problems confronting our nation...mostly because he's the one person in gov't. that a majority of the people, usually, have agreed upon nationwide...

It's his responsibility, whether it's fair or not. That's what we expect, or at least want, from our President. Or at least a damned good effort at it.

new topics

join