It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus ‘sends RAF e-mails to Russia’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The following article seems to point towards Russia possibly testing/using a computer virus against Britain, which sent RAF and RN emails and data to servers inside Russia.

THE Ministry of Defence is investigating a major breach in security amid claims that all e-mail traffic from a number of RAF stations has been sent to a Russian internet server.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Should the article be true it seems as though there's a major security fault, which, in the case of war could be totally devastating.

My questions are; If Russia are the one's responsible why would they risk the chance of being caught? / giving a potential secret 'weapon' away? Unless they're pulling a bluff and just testing the security in light of a more powerful version they may own?

If it wasn't the Russians responsible then who may be, and what's their agenda?

How could a major world power lack such security measures, and what does this say in regards to possible future threats of such a 'weapon'?

(I searched a few times and didn't find any other posts in regard to this, but it's possible I've missed one and if so I apologise)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So, the russians are interested in penis enlargement pills, Nigerian government officials that need help in moving millions of dollars, and X-10 spy cams?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Something along those lines, probably. Perhaps the RAF had some detailed secret info on some new form of penis enlargement pills that they couldn't risk not attaining themselves?

Food for thought for sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GodForbid

Serves them right for having the stupidity to install Windows as a command system on warships.

Clowns.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Don't worry I dare say GCHQ picked up an exact location and the threat will be neutralized by some covert SAS patrol

this coment is pretty funny :

"Well, If only 24 RAF stations have been affected and only 75 % of the Royal Navy ships not worth losing any sleep over is it ! Of course naturally the first thing for the MOD to do is to deny such an occurence, and then deny that we have any RAF stations, or ships in the Royal Navy"

All I can say is that someone is in trouble somewhere.... then again the MoD doesnt take security too seriously how can they loose so many laptops and flash drives... even our emergenct anti-terrorist protocols. Where as in the USA if so much as a floppy disk goes missing they shut down half the pentagon to find it.

top topics

join