It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Officials: Troops To Leave Gaza Before Inauguration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Israeli Officials: Troops To Leave Gaza Before Inauguration

www.foxnews.com

JERUSALEM — Israel plans to pull all of its troops out of the Gaza Strip by the time President-elect Barack Obama is inaugurated Tuesday, but only if Hamas militants hold their fire, Israeli officials said.

Thousands of troops have left Gaza since Israel declared Saturday its intention to unilaterally halt fire after a devastating, three-week Israeli onslaught. Gaza's Hamas rulers ceased fire 12 hours later....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.ynetnews.com
www.cbsnews.com
abcnews.go.com

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I must actually say that I am extremely disappointed in ANY proposed Cease-fire, and subsequent Withdrawal by Israel. What good can arise from such a Military Campaign if Israel leaves Hamas intact, and thus allows them to re-group and re-arm yet again? This is a vicious cycle, which will forever lead towards an ongoing struggle consisting of more Rocket Fire, more Suicide Bombings, and More Brutality on behalf of the Terrorist Group Hamas. Hamas needs to be wiped out Once and For All, No Excuses!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Good news for hamas.They gained alot more than they lost during this gaza war.

It's time for them to get a few Iranian engineers to upgrade their rockets and pound israel time to time with better accuracy.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by merkava]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I would have to say I'm the polar oposite of the disappointed member above.
About time as Israiel was digging itself into a political ditch. The last few weeks has turned many people to supporting the Palistinians. It will take years for this to be forgotten. Wether or not Muslims pose a real threat to western countrys and people we have to remember to fight humanly (Oxy..)

[edit on 19/1/2009 by BungleX]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The cease-fire is put into place so that they can plant their false flag. Just watch this week false flag to blame Iran.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The point of it all is still lost on me. Unless it was to kill civilians, displace hundreds of thousands and raise more support for Hamas. So what did all those people die for then? If they're leaving Hamas intact, then it's pretty obvious nothing will change. Apart from the fact that more Palestinians will join the fight against the Israeli occupiers. Did Israel ever even officially come out and say what they're mission was? It appears to me this was their plan all along. To cause civil unrest and tension across the globe. They have achieved nothing else from their heavy-handed tactics.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

That's great. Now all that's left is for Israel to pull out all of its troops from all the occupied territories, remove the checkpoints, remove the settlements, rebuild the bulldozed homes, re-instate the stolen water and food supplies, pull down the walls, open the borders and the ports, release from prison the IDF soldiers who refused to participate in illegal theft and occupation of Palestinian land, dismantle the apartheid system and apologise for more than 5 decades of terror inflicted on the Palestinian civilians and anyone who supports them.

Now that would be worthy of some major respect and forgiveness

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I have a feeling that what may have stopped the onslaught from Israel was a promise from Europe and/or America to support Israel's quest for a war against Iran. Good timing for such given changing of the guard in America.

Alternatively, perhaps the Israeli leaders have woken up to the damage done to Israel's image on the world stage. If it were to get too bad and the US citizens started to argue against all that money that goes to arming and keeping Israel afloat, and the US were to stop the funding, then Israel would probably then be attacked by those it has threatened or harmed in the past, such as Lebanon for example.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This would seem to lend credence to those who thought this latest invasion was all about timing. Both the upcoming Israeli election and the incoming administration in the USA were clearly marked on Israel’s calendar it seems.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This stance only convinces me further that the deal signed by Rice and Livni was a rush job, a last minute save if you will.

While I am hopeful that Obama will change some major policy, I am afraid the dual citizens in government will never allow us to stop our blind support of the Israelis. They must be unsure about where he will stand, that is now very evident.

OP, you beat me to it.
I was checking to see if this story was posted yet. Great job.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Doesn't this statement just give more solidity to the idea that this has really been a proxy war between Bush and Ahmadinejad?

It is suggested that Bush has been jumping on the back of the existing Israeli - Palestinian argument for a free shot at Ahmadinejad, not openly supporting Mahmoud Abbas, but putting his face alongside his in an attempt to entice Ahmadinejad to take some definitive action and support Iran's neighbor.

The fighting has to stop momentarily because Mahmoud Abbas will no longer have the silent backing of a world superpowers leader.

And only if the fight is brought back to Israel with a substantial Hamas offensive will Israel have to stand up for themselves.

Quite a strong possibility in the wake of all the carnage in Gaza don't you think.

Disclaimer: I am not a critic of any side in this mess, one world one love S_G

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
WTF does Obama have to do with the Israeli war??? Israel is its own country. Why should it matter that Obama is being sworn in? Gosh! Just make Israel a new state of the U.S.A already!! They act like our own little brother anyway. Always kissing our a$$!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
israel will leave hamas intact because they NEED hamas, without them they would'nt have the excuse of all crap they pull in the name of "defense"

side note: mildly interesting that they announce a withdrawal in relation to a foreign countries president being sworn in. why would they say it like that? why not just say, "if the ceasefire holds we will withdraw tuesday"?

edit cause i learned to spell in utah.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by turbokid]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
You fatal flaw is thinking that Hamas are still intact.

Hamas has been damaged extraordinarily, they just won't admit it.

"Attack us and we will open the gates of hell"

"Pull out of Gaza or we will unleash mayhem on you"

etc etc.

All spoken by Hamas. Where were the gates of hell; where was the retaliation promised by Hamas? They talk big, but in the face of Israeli firepower they are nothing but ants.

Don't take what Hamas say at face value. If they claim to be stronger than before, its highly likely that they have been badly hit.

new topics

top topics

join