It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holloman AFB new facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Alright so im kinda new here but im a veteran to all the UFO stuff and UFO/Area 51 stuff. The other night i was gazing through google maps and i came across something strange out by White Sands/Holloman AFB. Now a lil history on Holloman Air Force Base it was built in 1991 to house the country's first stealth fighter wing. The F-117's 49th stealth fighter wing was housed there. But after doing more research i have found out that a german scientist that was taken out of Germany at the end of world war two from operation paper clip was taken to White Sands to continue his work on flying wing plane designs that he was working on for the Nazis. So this area has definitely been a haven for cutting edge technology. Many have also said that White Sands is the new Area 51. but anyways back to the point I found what looks like a runway out in the middle of nowhere. It has what looks like maybe a satelite dish at the northwest side and on the south east side it has a small parking area and a rather large cement basin which i suspect could be an entrance to an underground area. This "runway" is located to the north west of Holloman air force base located on my map. So you can look through google maps or maps.live.com to see what it is for yourself. So just let me know what you think it could be.

a.imagehost.org...

a.imagehost.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Sorry, but I am from Alamogordo, 12 miles east of Holloman AFB/WSMR, and I can assure you, that base has been around FAR longer than 1991.

The F-117 is based there, and perhaps special facilites were built at Holloman for the F-117's in 1991, but the base itself has been there for decades. In fact that base has been there since the 1940's. and played a part in the first atomic bomb tests at Trinity site 20 miles to the north.

WSMR is also the emergency landing site for the space shuttle. In the early 1980's one of the shuttles had to land out there because of bad weather in Florida and the landing site at Edwards was also experiencing some unusual weather conditions, so WSMR was selected as the 3rd emergency landing site.

The official Holloman AFB website

From website:

Holloman Air Force Base was originally established in 1942 as Alamogordo Air Field six miles west of Alamogordo, New Mexico. It was re-named in 1948 after Col. George Holloman, a Rich Square, N.C., native, who was a pioneer in early rocket and pilot-less aircraft research. The base supports about 21,000 active-duty, Guard, Reserve, retirees, DoD civilians and their family members. Personnel from Holloman have participated in numerous operations, such as Desert Shield/Desert Storm, Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, and many more.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 18-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The two runways you are refering to are not new. Those have been there since the mid 80's shortly after the shuttle landing site was made. Those runways serve as the current training facilities for the German Air Force, and they are used for some of the testing of the UAV aircraft. The area is wide open, flat and provides a perfect testing ground away from the main base and runways in case something goes wrong.

The website I linked to has some info on the current projects going on, but dont expect to find anything classified or a picture of a UFO! Tho sometimes at night if your lucky, if you sit up at the Space Hall of Fame parking lot located at the foot of the mountians just east of Alamogordo, you will get some nice views of strange lights and objects flying in and out of that area at night.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

join