It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show your colours and unite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I wonder if this little idea would open the minds of the ones that don't see yet.

What if everybody goes and buys the flag of his roots, sometimes two are needed. Hang them out your window, flag pole, etc. We'll see then how well we actually all live together and we'll see that the enemy is not other races and countries. People will realize that your enemy is simply the government, the government of all nations, the government fighting against you, using you to fight people you actually live with and love.

Once this has been realized, we can unite as people against the ones that don't care for us.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Benarius]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I agree that many governments, and most especially, the media and their interests, have a hand in the promotion of racism and ethnic gulfs that exist in some countries.

In Canada, I cannot count the times I have seen articles in newspapers about Asian women who date men outside their race portrayed as third world prostitutes looking for their green card, and that the men who date them have lack of social skills
(CanWest media)

They are just stirring the pot of ethnic divisions.

And that's just one sorry example spewed forth by the BS dailies they have the gonads to call 'news'

But I am fully aware of what they are doing: Creating divisions among people, creating the illusion that race matters, or even exists, creating a firewall between 'them' and the 'common folk', to distract people from the real enemies- these idiots who write smear smut about other groups of people to deflect attention away from them.

People need to wake up, grab some flamethrowers, and flame them out of their bunkers.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply. That's what I was looking for. People pointing out how and why this is going on. But please, just buy a flag. I don't think Wall-mart sells flamethrowers anyway.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

I think we already realize that we all live together. I don't see how displaying our flags would somehow change things. In fact, you would probably be more likely to anger some people for flying a flag other than our own.

I don't think this problem of racism based on color or gender or whatever is as big a problem as it's made out to be.

Does it exist? Without a doubt, but it's a lot less common place than the media wants you to think.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

My yard would look like the UN! Probably inspiring a bunch of conspiracy theorists to picket or post about it on a website...
Since I live near the Avon Park "Concentration Camp," people will assume they are markers for the Russian, Chinese, Pakistani and god know what else troops that are stationed there. LOL!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
What if everybody goes and buys the flag of his roots, sometimes two are needed. Hang them out your window, flag pole, etc. We'll see then how well we actually all live together and we'll see that the enemy is not other races and countries. People will realize that your enemy is simply the government, the government of all nations, the government fighting against you, using you to fight people you actually live with and love.

Flag of my roots, you say?

Ironically enough, I've spent my whole life proudly displaying the flag of my roots on my truck, at my house, and tattooed in two different locations on my torso and it's caused more people to dislike me vs your presumption that it would cause more unity. Granted, it's not exactly like I've done or said anything to prove people's assumptions about me wrong (mostly because I frankly couldn't care less what people believe about me), but it is an interesting little commentary on your plan in action.

Now if you were talking about the flag from the country of my ancestors... would that be the Weimar German flag or Nazi Germany's flag? I can see that going over like a lead ballon hanging outside next to the stars & bars either way you went.

BTW, you're pushing globalism wrapped in the packaging of humanism. There's not a damn thing wrong with nationalism or pride in your nation. Above all else, I am an American. It's the country my ancestors for both for and against at various times through her history. I'm sure my decendants will do the same in the future.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
"BTW, you're pushing globalism wrapped in the packaging of humanism"

I agree. But I rather have it made by the people for the people and not by the elite to enslave us.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
"BTW, you're pushing globalism wrapped in the packaging of humanism"

I agree. But I rather have it made by the people for the people and not by the elite to enslave us.

I don't believe it needs to be a zero sum game. Rather than taking a "You can either have humanistic globalism or governmental globalism" approach to the future of the world, I believe firmly in the "all nations must retain sovreignity above all else, globalism in any form be damned" point of view.

top topics

join