It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Agenda changing to hide the truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Is it just me or does the news stop reporting on something once public opinion has swung away from the corporate elite's view on the subject. For example our continuous support of israeli military activities and slaughter all for the benefit of defense contractors and US neo-con foreign policy goals? The coverage seems to be dying down/shifting towards Obama and other incessantly discussed and pointless issues that the public could care less about or has heard enough about, and at the same time word seems to be getting out about Israel's atrocities. The fighting hasn't stopped, in fact the death toll is nearing 1k. Great time for a distraction. Bailout didn't receive much attention for a while, perhaps to let fuming heads across the country cool. When was the last time we heard a peep about health care reform (national heath care is not even considered although it is commonplace in other industrial countries), or the absurd amount spent on maintaining our empire, or the mountain of debt that will bring the country to it's knees inevitably.
Who knows, with an informed public realizing the corruption and scandalous behavior of the system, the people might get it in their heads that this government and the ever pervasive corporate media is not trustworthy and maybe it's time for a real change at the hands of the people in the form of popular protest and eventually revolt.

I am ready to join the revolution. I've had enough of the corporate culture of phoniness, deceit, and general douchebagery. But in the end I think the whole mess will collapse in on itself due to it's own overwhelming greed. Maybe the financial crisis is the tip of the iceberg. Maybe we're about to turn the corner and actually make some headway as a society; seems we've been treading water for quite a while now.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
i assume what you describe as a "revolution" has to do something about "stopping" the governments from all over the world from screwing their people over royally ?. or is it just the us we talking about here ?.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

I am ready to join the revolution. I've had enough of the corporate culture of phoniness, deceit, and general douchebagery. But in the end I think the whole mess will collapse in on itself due to it's own overwhelming greed. Maybe the financial crisis is the tip of the iceberg. Maybe we're about to turn the corner and actually make some headway as a society; seems we've been treading water for quite a while now.

It's not just you. The MSM are owned by corporate America, read that the military industrial complex that owns and runs the corporation known as UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. This should read united States, with a lower case "u." The revolution is brewing all over, but patience is needed here, some of the States are looking for ways to secede from the Federal Government, which, BTW, (according to the Constitution) only has power 10 miles outside of Washington D.C. proper. You cannot trust the media to bring you the whole story, those people do not report the news, they rather read the news.

new topics

join