It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Training in Central Virginia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Marines Training in Central Virginia

www.wtvr.com

Marines begin arriving at Fort Picket for urban training exercise

The 22nd Marine Expeditionary Unit, in coordination with the FBI and local officials, will be conducting a Realistic Urban Training Exercise (RUT) in the Richmond, Va. area Jan. 9-24, 2008.

Marines from the unit began arriving at Fort Pickett this week, the bulk of the 2,200 personnel from the Camp Lejeune based unit expected to arrive Thursday. The large majority of the Marines will conduct training on Fort Pickett, while small contingents of 80-100 Marines will conduct three coordinated exercises at locations off base.

The purpose of RUT is to enhance the 22nd MEU's capability to conduct operations in a realistic urban environment prior to an overseas deployment this spring.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i am a first time poster lol i usually just read posts but i heard this on the news the other day and was waiting for somebody to post it but nobody has so i will... i dont know what to think about it but its different hearing helicopters and jet in the area... there hasnt really been a lot going on yet but i have heard few helocops .... google this link and there is a website about it
www.22meu.usmc.mil...

should be the first website that pops up

www.wtvr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is no biggy. When I was active duty my unit did a few training exersices in cities. Philly, Atlanta, and Denver were three in which we trained with the local FBI and ATF task forces. People will see this and scream police state, say our streets are about to be closed down and all that, but the TRUTH is..they will do this exersice and then go home...

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
yeah thats what i figured. im not to worried . i would like to see some of these helo's and jets though haha

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sir Hope

They are displaying aircraft and equipment at blackstone on the 17th

top topics

join