It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would ATS solve the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict? *w/ restrictions*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
So shall it be written ... So shall it be done.

1. All funding provided by the United States of America to Israel and the
Palestinian people will be frozen except for food and medical supplies.

2. All children under the age of 16 on either side shall be temporarily
evacuated to a neutral zone.

3.All land disputes shall be immediately resolved, resulting in a Palestinian
State recognized by the United Nations.

4. Any third party supplies of military weapons support shall be considered a crime against humanity, punishable in the Court of International Law,
risking the response of economic sanctions and/or military response by a
multilateral party.

5. These terms will go into effect immediately. There will be no discussion
and there will be no dissent.

6. The leaders of Israel and Palestine have 48 hours to peacefully comply.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

I suggest you watch Jesus Camp before saying what you just said.

It may make you think again.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Now hear me out! I have the best remedy for the disaster in the Middle East.

It will ensure peace, prosperity, security, a very good standard of living, cultural growth, and world wide friendship for all.

Move Israel to New York State. I am serious and not kidding. Didn't the mayor New York recently go to Israel to say New York City supports Israel. I tell you it is a love marriage.

New York State is large, underpopulated, developed, beautiful and many inhabitants of New York already have Israeli passports or have family in Israel and the American people love Israelis.

The benefits are that the American people can shower cash, goods and good will on the new citizens of New New York and feel good about themselves. The US armed forces can keep New New York snug as a bug in the bosoms of America. To ensure no riff raffs drive into New New York, it could be allowed to secede from the union, form it into a US protectorate like Puerto Rico and issue visas to visitors.

The Palestinians can be left to their own devises and New New Yorkers can truly become a light amongst nations.

[edit on 033131p://pm3137 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Set up an Isreal/Arab league for e.g. Iraq, Isreal, Egypt and few other "select" countries. Have the bravery to knock down all the barriers -give all the people complete free movement between these countries.

I would also offer incentives for foreign students in these group for schools, universities etc. One the barriers are down, and people really get to talk to their neighbours and don't just see them on TV being demonised, suddenly the enemy become real (and good) people. This needs a brave step of trust though. Yes you would get the nutter from either side planting the bomb - but it becomes harder as they can no longer know whether the bomb will kill friend or foe. For each hardened terrorist (I use the word losely), there will be 1,000 moderates who will see and respect their neighbour

I still think the war between Britain and IRA sort of run its course once the EU took most of the power to a central point.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
A good part of the problem is the population growth rate on both sides.

The Palestinians are caught in a demographic trap (en.wikipedia.org...) due to the high birth rate, approximately 26 births for every 4 deaths, when not actively fighting someone (Israelis or each other). The Israelis birthrate is approximately 21 births per six deaths, again when not fighting. Remember, this area is one of the most crowded spots on the planet, and it's a freaking desert! Every child born, every immigrant allowed in, forces everyone else to make do with less room, and fewer resources, resulting in more ignorance and more resentment, in turn leading to anger and acting out the tensions.

So the first place to begin is strict birth control and an end to immigration for awhile, until a balance is reached with resource availability. Once that is achieved, the rest will sort itself out peacefully. The area simply has an unsustainable population level. There's lots and lots of desert out there; give the Palestinians the tools and equipment to transform the desert into sustainably productive land and you will have peace.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join