It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mashaal rejects int'l presence in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Mashaal rejects int'l presence in Gaza

www.ynetnews.com

Hamas politburo chief slams door on Egyptian ceasefire proposal, says group will treat any peacekeeping force as occupying entity.

(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD Note Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

* Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalize it. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be moved, closed or deleted.

[edit on 1/10/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
so much for Hamas whining. I hope now people can see their true face and the the people of Gaza are not the reason this terror group is fighting.

Hamas' Politburo Chief, Khaled Mashaal, slammed the door on all Gaza ceasefire proposals Saturday, saying his organization would treat any international peacekeeping force in Gaza as an occupying entity.

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/10/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So are you saying that Hamas do not want the massacre to end so it is okay for Israel to continue the mass killing?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

So are you putting words in people's mouths?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You would think Hamas would want to show leadership and do what they have to in order to protect any more of its people from getting hurt. I thought bringing in an an international force to separate the two sides was a good idea. Obviously, Hamas doesn't.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

That’s exactly what im saying since they are a terrorist group and baby killers who would rather die for God then take care of their people. Read my last article maybe you will understand why Egypt and Saudi-Arabia also want them out…

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Founding

So are you putting words in people's mouths?

Nope however, both the OP and Ynet are putting words in Hamas' mouth. They rejected the terms of the Egyptian cease fire proposal just like Olmert and his Kadima henchmen.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
so it is okay for Israel to continue the mass killing?

No, definitely not. But it appears that the Hamas government thinks that it is okay for Israel to. They don't seem to care for their civilians at all which I find disgusting to say the least.

There is no question now...BOTH governments have stooped to a new low.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
look at cnn, msnbc and sky all say the same. also Olmart rejected the truce since five hours after the UN meeting when israel stopped the rockets to let the UN tracks inside Gaza, Hamas decided it was a good time to shot five more rockets at israeli towns.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

By your own comment you say Olmert rejected the treaty 5 hours after its announcement and a full 14 before Hamas. Why not have the international forces on the Israeli side of the Wall. Even if Hamas agreed, Israel rejected already. The entire article was pointless.

Hamas is not prepared to have foreign troops controlling Gaza just like Israel would not tolerated foreign troops controlling Tel Aviv.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

masonwatcher....

I am trying to understand your position here....

Are you saying that you are in support with the Hamas government and it's no truce decision? Or are you saying that since Israel did, it is ok that the Hamas did?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Dah, because Hamas in considered a terrorist group by the UN and the United Nation foreign council.
I don’t think they have an option and point being if they did care about the Palestinians, which they don’t. The rockets would have stopped…

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TARBOX

masonwatcher....

I am trying to understand your position here....

Are you saying that you are in support with the Hamas government and it's no truce decision? Or are you saying that since Israel did, it is ok that the Hamas did?

Hamas is the elected government and at this stage of hostilities, the Palestinians don't really care any differences between themselves while large numbers are being killed by Israel.

Of the two, Israel and Hamas, I think Israel is the biggest criminal. I am have no interest in Palestinian internal politics but I do know the UN does not classify it as terrorist. The UK also does not classify the Hamas government as terrorist.

Nevertheless, a lot of people in this world consider Israel as a terrorist state and even more want war crimes brought against the Israeli government.

Spain has already moved to debate whether to outlaw its Jewish citizens and residents going over to Israel to do military service. Some MPs want declare those same Spanish volunteers doing service in Israel as complicit in war crimes. Activists in Europe will lobby the EU to ban EU nationals going over to Israel for those same purposes.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

And some people consider the entire Muslim religion as a nuisance to the progress of the world, and consider most Muslim countries and people as third world terror and fascist sates (Iran etc). So what’s your point?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Islamic extremism and fascism are indeed a danger and hinderance to the whole world. Anytime that suicide deaths are rewarded and even teaching these people they will receive 72 virgins in "heaven" is just disturbing. Yet there are people on this site who go to great lengths to support these people and that is JUST as disturbing. Sad.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Thanks for replying to my post and letting me know how other countries consider Hamas and Israel, and your opinion on who is the larger criminal is. I appreciate you bringing those topics up for some of it I knew, and some I didn't.

But I think you forgot to answer my question on whether or not YOU support the Hamas government with it's no truce decision.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

I have no interest in Palestinian internal politics. I said this before. What exactly are you looking for?

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Curse to the wicked snakes who try to snatch the truth away
Cursed be the ones who try to take our youth away
Peace to the black, the brown, the red, yellow, and white seed
We don't discriminate man over color/creed
They tried to snatch up our beats, son, and steal our culture
and German Catholics, whitewashing Roman sculptures
How dare you try to deny Allah's intelligence?
Kidnap the truth, and destroying the black evidence

israel is getting only what they ask for...chinese will soon help the muslim nations to control this world

"Si es mi destino morir en la calle como un perro! Hahaha"

[edit on 10-1-2009 by wise words spoken]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
What exactly are you looking for?

Well, first of all, I am not looking for an argument.

I also understand your stance on Palestinian internal politics. And on the same token, the Israeli internal politics and how wrong they are for what they are doing.

But can't you at least admit that Hamas is also wrong here? Most of your posts are about the hundreds of Palestinian civilians being killed by Israel. (Which I agree is wrong), but for Hamas to totally disregard their civilian population.....don't you find this disturbing? You're so quick to condemn the Israeli party, but you don't really have much negativity to say about the Hamas.

So, I am looking for your opinion on whether or not you agree with Hamas and their denying a cease fire.

That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

new topics

top topics

join