It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WoW's Success down to Hidden Messages?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ok so after a little research I found something on youtube that caught my eye and this was a video claiming that the Spirit Healers in world of warcraft have hidden messages in the vocals, so i investigated and sure enough there was, which was very creepy, i decided to record the vocals and do some fixing up of it and it came out a success.

Below are two files of the recording one is the original and the next is with noise faded out and a few other tweaks.

Original
www.unholy-drilidan.com/media/msgs.mp3

Tweaked
www.unholy-drilidan.com/media/msgs1.mp3

I am currently in search for more in the game, but could this be a bizarre coincidence or their success story unravelling?

I wont tell you what I think it says because them ill be influencing you, so listen to the original and tell me what you think is being said, then listen to the tweaked version, which makes it as clear as day.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by Ibex08]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
you're right I very clearly heard...

"leviss sceviss sah sca sah siss sah"

Whoa!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Didn't understand it, but I think the game's success is because the game is brilliant. Not perfect, but brilliant!
As to other one's: What's the capital city of the undead called? (I'm Ally, I don't need to know that!) A mate said, that if you walk into there the further you go into the city the louder the whispers get. He said he turned the loudspeakers up and nearly blew them because another player did something next to him.

CYa online,
Samuel

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
No, that game's success comes down to the creation of a 24/7 virtual world combined with simple game mechanics and somewhat challenging (more time-consuming than anything) endgame content that caters to both casual and hardcore players.

The entire game is based more on how much time you can put into the game rather than how skilled you are. The whole point of the game is to level your character to the level cap and then start collecting better and better gear. No hidden messages needed.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ibex08

You may try playing the sound backwards too. It sounds like the same sort of gibberish. Personally I can't hear a single word there, at least not English. However it does sound like some sort of "magick" chant.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ibex08

Clear as day you say? you must live somewhere in the deep, dark underground and have never seen daylight before. I couldnt comprehend what that said...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
ok ok i guess is a little hard to understand so here's my transcript

Play World of war.......crafffft
its one of a kind
Give us your muney
Thats right customer

work better?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why would you tell someone to play WoW when their already playing to be told to play.
It was utter gibberish.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Or because its LOTS of fun! I've been playing a long time. Got a warrior, hunter, and mage. All lvl 70, all lots of fun too play!

new topics

top topics

join