It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 Series and Further Conditioning of the American People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Whilst many thought that this series was yet just another half decent program it is quite obvious what was the real intent of such a program. It would be nice to know who is really backing this program though.

The plot as we all know is the big bad terrorist out to get poor innocent America and its people. All the common themes are there, the terrorists are Muslims, we only need one man to save America and all the other patriotic bull crap.

Taking the prgram at face value it appears to be nothing more than a reflection of current times. But the real intent is the continuous brainwashing of the American people. This program usues torture, kidknapping and murder as if they are like drinking coffee. It conditions the viewer to trust no one, not even members of your own family, that its ok to torture members of your family if its for the greater good of the country. That the terrorists will always be those strange talking coloured people.

It firmly plants the idea that, nukes, dirty nukes, bio and chemical weapons will be used against the people. That all none white Americans or Foreigners are a threat to white Americans and the country. All these fears and many more are subliminaly planted into the mind and conciousness of the viewer. That despite what those nasty terrorist do the good will always win and it will only take one hero to solve all the problems.

But of course reality is quite something else is it not. America dose not always win, cannot stop terrorist actions, does murder and torture people. But the main aim of this program is two fold, condition the people to expect a large scale incident and to expect to lose your liberties in the process. The program is full of the mind controlled patriotic bots who kill and torture on command.

The viewing audience no doubt thinking its a damm good show and we have nothing to worry about whilst we have our Jack Bauer to save our asses. But of course there is no Jack Bauer, no what you have is the establishment who are plotting to kill their fellow Americans as an excuse to wage another war in another country. I don't know what the plot of the next series is but I bet it has an Iranian theme or something on those lines.

There is no greater medium than TV to influence and control the sheeple.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have a young friend that is a 24 fanatic and no amount of trying to tell him that he is being brain-washed and conditioned will convince him otherwise.
I know that there are viewing parties as well for the Bauer-fanatics. I tried watching it a couple of times and it aggitated me so much I had to turn it off.
The repeated demonstrations of mindless cruelty and murder in the name of patriotism is bull, though it certainly is evident in our modern wars going on in real time in the Middle East.
The lines do blur and a couple of years I rode with a friend along with her grandchildren. One of whom piped up "Why did the Iraq people crash into our American buildings."
I looked in horror at my friend as I told the little girl that the countries of origin were among others - Egypt - and that no Iraq citizens crashed into the WTC or the Pentagon. My friend said nothing to her grand-child. Sad.
The little girl went quiet. I'll just bet who she believed and it wasn't me or her grandma, but her teacher. I call that scary.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Glad you took the red pill comrade.

Let me fore warn you, the rabbit hole goes alot deeper than what you've just explained, and let me also warn you of the extreme skeptics. They are as ignorant as can be half the time.

Building 7.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I’ve never seen anything but a trailer for 24, but that’s all it took for me to know that your description is dead on. It’s basically a vehicle for acclimating people to total tyranny.

Oh, and I wouldn’t be surprised if ‘blue-eyed, blond-haired’ domestic terrorists didn’t start showing up in the scripts. At some point they’re going to have to start demonizing the non-conformists that look like us.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't know anything about this show as I don't have TV, but just wondering why it is called 24?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
I don't know anything about this show as I don't have TV, but just wondering why it is called 24?

Apparently, each episode is supposed to represent one 24 hr. period in the main character's life. Something of a novel concept I suppose.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The show is called 24 meaning 24 hours to solve the problem, a fairy tale in reality but its what's put into the show thats important. And that is the further conditioning of the American public to expect a large scale terrorist attack to be followed by a large removal of liberty and freedom.

Which begs the question if the program makers think or know there is an attack comming home come the authorities don't and don't do anything to prevent it. Look at the bigger picture, Ruby Ridge, Oklahoma, Waco, WTC and 9/11. Those events have a number of things in common, a slow escalation of terrorist attacks that escalate in size and casulties involved, all committed by forces within the US. An exercise in American men. women and children being killed by their fellow Americans either directly or indirectly.

If one assumes those events are indeed a pattern it would mean that the next event will be of a magnitude far greater than 9/11. Therefore to up that event you would have to think of a nuke/bio/chemical attack(s) with far more heavier casulties involved. The perps no doubt would be of ME origin and the purpose of the attacks would be to start another conflict as 9/11 was used for same.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Beg to disagree-24 is an awesome series and I d'ont feel brainwashed at all=I truly believe that everything the government tells me is true and of course Iraq had weapons of mass destuction,as well as bin laden being the only mastermind behind 9-11.You guys in the usa were SO lucky to have president Bush as well.C'ant wait for the next series !

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

Man when I watch 24 I am always thinking what conventional sentimental liberal fools the writers etc. must be...You and I must be sipping from opposite ends of the Kool-Aid trough...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I don't watch TV anymore outside of sporting events and even then it is muted. I gave up on most of TV. If I want to watch 24. I'll turn on the national news or internet blog. But the TV has become a bastion of hopelessness and disappointment.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Big, quite true, tv today is nothing more than a sewer used by the perps to give the sheeple their daily diet of lies deceit and disinfo. When you hear of people who believe that soap stars are the same person in real life you know the brainwashing is completely successful.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigvig316
I don't watch TV anymore outside of sporting events and even then it is muted. I gave up on most of TV. If I want to watch 24. I'll turn on the national news or internet blog. But the TV has become a bastion of hopelessness and disappointment.

please folks...just because a few rubes believe what they see on T.V. as being the truth, doesn't mean the vast majority do. i can watch anything on T.V. and not be brainwashed, or even subtlely influenced, because it's called entertainment and most people realize this. are there stupid people out there?...sure there are, but it doesn't mean that everybody is brainwashed. according to the T.V. ratings, a majority of the population don't even watch the T.V. and the highest rated shows are happy when ten million people tune in, out of 300+ million in this country. is there propaganda out there in media, sure there is, but most people dismiss it.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Jimmy, despite what you say in the us right now is that there is a collective feeling that people fear Muslims etc. that the World and people hate them. That has all happened because of the state owned press and TV. Look at this way, the majoirty of American have never travelled outside the US their viewe of the World and its people is what FAux news tells them it is. That just demonstrates just how powerful the media is and how easy it is to control the masses.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There is some of what you say going on i think. The fact that it's based around what goes on in CTU only adds fuel to the whole 'terrorism' idea, but i think the show is actually very good. It looks at things from all sides and shows the fight against corruption from both sides, good and bad. Also, the terrorists aren't always muslim, and the ones who are are pawns used in the end game of someone much higher up. I think under the sensationalism, the show is more about truth seeking and questioning what really goes on rather than made to brainwash people. It seems as if you've just looked at and thought about the surface of the show.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Jimmy, despite what you say in the us right now is that there is a collective feeling that people fear Muslims etc. that the World and people hate them. That has all happened because of the state owned press and TV. Look at this way, the majoirty of American have never travelled outside the US their viewe of the World and its people is what FAux news tells them it is. That just demonstrates just how powerful the media is and how easy it is to control the masses.

ok...i believe alot of people probably are suspicious of middle eastern muslims, i'll give you that. but personally, i also fear some religious-right christians in our own country, based on their own irrational conclusions on the "right way" to live one's life.
but the question is, as you point out,... INFLUENCE....how much of what people see and hear on T.V. is believed by the mass of people in this country. just because something is heard on TV, doesn't mean that people take it as the honest truth...most people have to make logical and rational decisions every day, as it pertains to their own life. and i believe that alot of the blather that comes out of TV, simply goes in one ear and out the other.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Jimmy, I agree with you to a point but the media and TV have a way of planting info into the sub concious mind of the viewer and it is that what I speak of. Most people will say did you see or hear that crap on the telly but the message or info is loged in the minds of the people completely masked by the visual rubbish.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

In case you missed the News some years Back. Some Two hundred familys where Gassed in Iraq by the WMD's (GAS)that people said where not there, so its safe to say anyone who kills there own, is OK, Viet nam, 2 million(could not be re-educated), thailand Pol-pot 3 million because he could, idi-amin found his enemys some what tasty, We have to take back and think WHAT IF this Happens in AMERICA what would you DO.?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Bone sad to say no I have not missed any of it and what is worse the fact that people were gassed and bombed or the fact that we supplied the weapons to the despots in the first place. We create our own evil and then blame it on others.

top topics

join