It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lollard Project Dion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It was that cold November day, on which the show didn't melt on the streets for the first time. Absorbed in thought I watched the snow falling, while waiting in line at the bakery. I heard the lady in front of the line ordering some Nussecken, the very same delicious German pastry I was about to buy. I voiced my dissatisfaction when I learned that the lady got the last three Nussecken available. The lady replied with an smirk. I got me some Käsebrötchen instead.

She must have watched me from outside, for she offered me to trade a Nussecke for one of my Käsebrötchen, when I left the bakery. Deal. Her name was Katha. She was about 45 years old, 20 years older than me. She invited me for a coffee on learning that I had to walk home in the cold weather. The gemütlichkeit of her nearby apartment contrasted much with the blistering cold outside. I felt comfortable there, and comfortable with her. To make it short, we ended up in her bed. She must have felt some regret afterwards, since she came up with explanations for what she regarded frivolous behaviour of hers. That explanation was far from usual:

The end of the word is near, she told me. A look into her face assured me that she was serious. Her story went back all to 14th century Britain. The religious movement of the Lollards challenged the Roman Catholic Church. Persecution forced the Lollards to go into the underground. After the Lutheran reformation they were forgotten. The few remaining Lollards believed that the Second Coming, Judgement Day, Resurrection of the Dead, were to come that very day, on which every living human being on earth was baptized, and all idols were wiped from the word. They were a secret driving force behind the Christian missionary movements.

It must have been some time in the 19th century, Katha told me, when Lollards came to the conclusion, that their dream of a baptized world was unfulfillable. But what if all humans would die at once? Judgment Day could come! Project Dion, also called Project Odin - perhaps named after the idols Dionysus, Odin or Dione - was born. The End of Days was scheduled for 1908. It was to be achieved by an self-reinforcing physical process. But the process went awry, leading to the so-called Tunguska event, but not doomsday.

1995, in the small Swiss village of Bürgenstock, the semi-secret Bilderberg Conferece of the most powerful Lollards was held. There the financial and political groundwork for the Large Hadron Collider was laid. The Collider was planned, 100 years after Tunguska, to complete project Dion, Katha told me.

After hearing that, I laughed at Katha, and left her. The next day I felt sorry, and went back to apologize. But she was gone, her apartment was empty. Nobody could tell me where she went.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Very nice

I enjoyed reading it and look forward to seeing more of your work.

join