It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Distinguishing real memories from dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Distinguishing real memories from dreams

Recently, I am finding it more and more difficult to decipher whether or not a memory is from an actual real life event or from just a dream I had.

To make matters worse, sometimes a memory will pop into my head out of nowhere and I will definitely recognize it as a dream, but am unsure how long ago I had the dream. In some instances, these are dreams that I had years ago and now am suddenly remembering them.

Does this mean I can not distinguish reality from what is not reality? I am concerned. Perhaps I am loosing it.

Has anyone else experienced this on a reoccurring basis?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
My dreams are mostly to bizarre to be real. It's a blessing on more than one level. first, those flying sneakers shooting tennisballs at my head could not be real in the waking life and second it's just stupidly funny.

Maybe you could try and cultivate 'lucid dreaming' so when you are dreaming you can do impossible acts and it will not be as hard to keep the two realities apart? Just type in 'lucid dreaming' in google and you will get a bunch of info on how to do it. Or just keep a dream journal for your own sanities sake so you can read it back and know you dreamt it.

Good luck ad don't be too scared to lose some of your sanity, could be fun as long as you don't knife someone to death.

join