It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSOE EDIS Alert Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Many people do not believe in the accuracy of this program, but I believe it is a good way to compare data with other beacons, signal stations and what is being told to us by the government agencies.

This station is in Hungary, Budapest so the English is translated from Hungarian.

What is RSOR EDIS?

National Association of Radio-Distress Signaling and Info communications
Emergency and Disaster Information Services (EDIS)

RSOE Main Page Alerts

Icon Descriptions

Dear Visitor,

Our organization, the National Association of Radio-Distress Signaling and Infocommunications (RSOE), is located in Budapest, Hungary. As a national non-profit prominent public organization we operate information systems on the River Danube, River Tisza and the Storm-Warning System for Lake Balaton. Furthermore our association serves as the official Infocommunication Service of the National Disaster Management of Hungarian Republic.

We also operate the HAVARIA Information Service. The main aim of this service is to gather seismical, meteorological, epidemic and all other datas around the world related to natural and human disasters and calamities, and to forward these datas to the co-operational governmental organizations (Hungarian Ministry of Interior - National General-Directorate of Disaster Management, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc.) as well as to inform the citizens.

The HAVARIA Information Service is monitoring and processing data of approximately 600-700 news sources, many researching institutes and realtime data of forecasting services. Even so we do not have information about many events. Our association operates this service without any subsidy so we can not process the information, which are not in English (or in Hungarian) language (e.g.:Spanish, French, Italian, etc.).

Please help our task. After a registration and a short verification you can enter to the protected area. Here you can fill out a data format. With this filled data sheet you can report us events (emergency situations or disaster forecasting). You can also make reports in the Havaria database.

We will not serve the name and email, which was given at registration to third parties.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
what's the cosmic event in Canada?

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Comet? Meteorite? Invasion of aliens?

I need to know!!!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
While the majority of ATS members already know of this site, as a newbie, I only knew of it's existence by stumblling across it in a thread a few years back.

I'll give this a Star and Flag for the newer ATS members who may not know if it's existence.

My observation is that the information appears to be correct, however, there does seem to be quite a delay on information for the States. This delay may be worldwide, I'm' not sure. I just know when I see something here on breaking news or MSM, it takes a while for it to appear on the map.

Great day to you!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

I don't know I have never seen that in the three years of watching RSOE. I hope someone else can tell us.

Meteor maybe?

Anyone?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
what's the cosmic event in Canada?

hisz.rsoe.hu...〈=eng

Comet? Meteorite? Invasion of aliens?

I need to know!!!

For those of you who don't know, if you click on the "event" on the map, it brings you to a secondary page and you can click on the tabs at the top to give you more information.

The event description for the Canada incident reads as follows"

Quickly becoming something of a favoured landing zone for all manner of inbound space debris, the skies above Canada have once again been treated to a fiery meteor, which takes the recent total to three in the last couple of months. Putting aside suggestions of an oddly draw out alien invasion, the latest meteor was spotted rushing through the early morning clouds south of Calgary on Monday, January 05, with The Canadian Fireball Reporting Centre (CFRC) receiving around a dozen eyewitness reports on or around 5:45 a.m. However, according to initial comments made by Alan Hildebrand, renowned University of Calgary meteor expert and coordinator of the CFRC, poor visibility conditions on Monday suggested that sighting confirmation and possible impact points would be difficult to establish. Despite the potential hindrance to verification thrown up by the weather, the claimed sightings have been lent a little credence by Sherri Gallant of the Lethbridge Herald, who writes that a CFRC volunteer was able to capture around six seconds of the event on video. Having seen the brief but tantalising black and white footage, Mr. Hildebrand commented that the blazing ball of fire appeared in the skies east-southeast of Calgary before then moving off to the south at a distance of around 200 to 300 kilometres. “It’s hard to say how bright it was, [due to the black and white footage, but] it was certainly a significant fireball,” he said, “I can imagine the rock involved is approximately 10 kilograms, a rock maybe the size of your head.” Hildebrand has also said speed and trajectory suggest the latest sighting is unlikely to be part of the annual Quadrantid meteor shower that rains down upon Western Canada at the beginning of every January.)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

See I learn something more everyday.

Canada has been getting a lot of meteors lately. Last one was in Alberta around the middle of November 2008.

newslite.tv...

It's interesting how quickly we see this info on RSOE, but when you look to the news/media it's not there.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
reply to post by TARBOX

See I learn something more everyday.

Canada has been getting a lot of meteors lately. Last one was in Alberta around the middle of November 2008.

newslite.tv...

It's interesting how quickly we see this info on RSOE, but when you look to the news/media it's not there.

I agree that the info goes up rather quick. But I have noticed that 1curious1 is correct in that the US has a very big delay in data sometimes. And, the data doesn't stay up for very long. I think it is pretty much accurate but like anything else....(putting on tin foil hat) we will only see what they want us to see. (taking off tin foil hat)

top topics

join