It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

apocalyptic dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Before I get into the main idea of this thread I would like to say that this is really not technically a prediction, so if this thread needs to be moved please move it to the appropriate category.

I am sure that most people who visit this site have had at least one incredibly vivid dream at some point in their lives, more then likely perhaps even more. One of the most vivid dreams I have ever had was of myself and my family in my family room knowing that we were all about to die. It was an indescribable feeling. Just extreme dread and sadness. I was laying on the floor for some reason and the rest of my family was on the couch. I was looking out these large windows (which was strange since we do not have these type of windows in our house) and saw a huge cloud of debris and fire. Almost like a nuke went off and the shock wave was coming towards us. Right when it hit the house I woke up. This dream has stayed with me for a very long time I think I had it maybe 7 or 8 years ago. Recently my family decided to buy a new house since with the market the way it is, it is probably a good time to do so. As I was being shown the new house I realized that the family room has the large windows exactly like in my dream. I really do not know what to think..Has anyone ever had something similar happen to them? and what are your thoughts on these type of dreams? are they common?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
where do you live man?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have had dreams that have come true before, but never a doomsday dream...
Have any other dreams of yours ever come true?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

where do you live man?

hopefully not near me LOL!

** Seriously though I wouldnt worry as nightmares have a way of repeating them selfs **

and many houses have large windows i would put it down to coincidence my good friend.

(I remember 1 occuring nightmare i had as a child now its impossible its never gonna happen)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by captinofcats

If you're asking if anyone has had dreams of nuclear war..i certainly have...but not recently. I used to have dreams like this when i was a teenager...only one stands out though.

My family all rushed into the car saying that the bombs were going off. We got on the highway and were going very fast. Then a bright flash came. I looked behind me and watched a mushroom cloud form. Then the wind came and i woke up.

Scary dream...but luckily just a dream. Whenever i do have dreams now...although it seems rare nowadays, it's always about something bad happening.

I never win the lottery...nothing good usually happens. It's always bad stuff. Death, destruction, people chasing me, that sort of thing.

But i know they are just dreams. I tend to worry about things like this though in real life for various reasons so this is probably why.

In your case though...i wouldn't worry about it. But if things seem to get alittle crazy you shouldn't hesitate to get your butt out of Dodge!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by theflashor

I was asking because of all of this yellowstone hype lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well that explains your concern!

I personally would be watching Yellow Stone carefully as its a ticking time bomb.. (sorry if those words dont help but its truth)

[edit on 7-1-2009 by theflashor]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Are you by any chance related to Blossom Goodchild ?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I currently live in Sacramento California. I also think that it is a coincidence, it was just a little frightening to me when I saw the windows from my dream. *to David* I also seem to have bad dreams more often then good. However maybe I just remember the bad ones over the good ones for some reason. Thank you all for your replies so far.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Same with all life experiences

The bad experiences we remember more boldly!
The good experiences seem to be vivid

However maybe I just remember the bad ones over the good ones for some reason.
!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
me too i had 2 sort off apocalyptic dreams in the last few years, in the first one i'm standing in the middle of ruins of some building and when i look up i see the whole city around me in ruins, not a sound to be heard and no one to be seen. in the second one i'm walking around a lake more like a fishing pond with my exgf and some young kid i've never seen before and around this lake there are family's sitting and waiting, father's armed wth rifles like 30-40 families rifles in the hand. there's this tension like everyone is in anticipation of something. both dreams very real

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
ya i have apocalyptic dreams all the time, but i wouldn't take them too seriously and especially not literally. For instance i've dreamed about comets crashing, giant robots, moon blowing up, etc. Now do i really think we go to war with alien robots, or the moon suddenly just explodes!??? Hell no, lol, that would be sweet tho.

I think this has a lot to do with your worry over yellowstone and it's your subconscious mind working out the scenario. Try to look at symbolism since dreams very rarely show literally. For example an earthquake in california seen in a dream can symbolize your inner desire to break up with someone your intimate with, california symbolizing fornication thank you chili peppers

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by salty-red
ya i have apocalyptic dreams all the time, but i wouldn't take them too seriously and especially not literally. For instance i've dreamed about comets crashing, giant robots, moon blowing up, etc. Now do i really think we go to war with alien robots, or the moon suddenly just explodes!??? Hell no, lol, that would be sweet tho.

I think this has a lot to do with your worry over yellowstone and it's your subconscious mind working out the scenario. Try to look at symbolism since dreams very rarely show literally. For example an earthquake in california seen in a dream can symbolize your inner desire to break up with someone your intimate with, california symbolizing fornication thank you chili peppers

HAHA! great point! I hadn't thought of looking at it in a symbolic manner. I think it is probably more common for people to have these kinds of dreams especially considering the current times we are living in. Dooms day scenarios are a very possible reality, also along with all the media promoting doom and gloom (This week is apocalypse week on History channel)

Also anyone ever consider the possibility of dreaming a reality that could or could not happen? or possibly dreaming something that (has happened) only maybe in a different time line or dimension? I have always been interested in the dreaming process and have read a lot about it.

Thank you all for your comments and advice on this. I am pretty sure the dream was not prophetic and just coincidental, with the window and all. At least I hope so.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
OP, are you related to Sarah Connor?
Just kidding....my take is that is a bad sign.
I would not move into that house and instead move to someplace like Texas.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Perhaps it doesn't mean what you think it does. What if it's more about something in your personal life. I had a similar dream that predicted a new location and a large explosion. It came true, but not in the way that I thought it would. Just food for thought. I'm not saying that what you saw wasn't exactly what will happen but from what I've learned dreams ususally have more of a symbolic meaning. Take Pharoah's dream (from the Bible) about the 7 fat cows and the 7 skinny cows. It didn't mean that he was going to get 14 more head of cattle.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've had this same dream. I live in Eastern Iowa (just for reference). This would have been a couple years ago. In the dream, I'm sitting in my parents driveway, my parents are both there, and we're sitting in lawn chairs, looking off into the horizon. We're waiting for something. We're not scared, or frightened, but we're expecting something to happen. Then there's a huge flash of white light off in the distance. After the light fades, you can see the mushroom cloud, and there's a large shock wave speeding toward us. When it reaches us, I'm thrown back into the air, and (as disturbing as it sounds) I can feel my body dissolving. I remember noticing that there's no pain, and then I realized it's because my body has no nerve endings to register the pain. It only lasts a split second, and then I woke up. I just remember that we knew the 'attack' was coming and there was no way to run from it in time, so we accepted our fate and decided to spend our last few minutes together in peace.

I'm not one to have a lot of spiritual type stuff happen, just a normal guy, but this dream always stuck out in my mind. I was so vivid and real. It's a little disturbing that other people are having these same dreams. Is the universe trying to tell us something?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
A very long time ago I had a waking vision (and I am not prone to these, trust me) in which I saw UFO's flying above some mountains. Year later I moved to a place where I could see those mountains, three thousand miles from where I was when I had the dream.

Today I still live near there: I cannot see them from my house but if I drive a ways down the street I can see those very mountains.

Weird.

new topics

top topics

join