It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA investigates breach of Katrina victims’ private information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
After Katrina had devastated the Gulf Coast, and the evacuees were being transported around our nation, I had manage to land a job with a company through FEMA and was a "311 N.O. Hot-line" associate for the victims to get the help they so badly needed or with the clean up efforts afforded by the Natl. Guard.
After so many years of passing, and so many other troubles that have followed the untimely land impact of Katrina, you would think it to be over, but not so, famaldihide in the trailers, displaced people that were lost to their families and friends, the undeniably slow response efforts by our FEMA affiliation and untold stories of a pure "Hell on earth" scenarios for those that never got a word in edge wise during the evacuations that were so desperately needed, but not necessarily wanted, etc. I could go on and on with the actual unpreparedness that our country was about too face during this event.
If that was not enough, the next day scenarios have even further impacted the victims of that day, and to say that with out grievance of not being able to help out any more than I had the capabilities too, the afflictions of being a "Evacuee" still goes on:

Dec. 24th 2008 release:

Personal information on people who applied for disaster aid after Hurricane Katrina was recently published on the Web without authorization, the Federal Emergency Management Agency said.

fcw.com...

To all the victims of the Hurricane Katrina disaster, in which I had spoken to you all personally via the Hotlines and e-mails, "I am truly sorry for our countries delays and utter incompetence to fend for our own, I am a proud American with limited pride at some junctures of understanding, but you all have been in my thoughts since the day I sat in front of the TV and watched this all unfold in front of my eye's wondering "I wish I wasn't so poor, I could something for them." thoughts, and that was when the hot-line job came along."

I feel for you all yet to this day, and I know you of the region are tough and very self sufficient people, just wish the Katrina effects would end, but I believe this to be a "Very" big wish.

"Too much, too little, too late and living on we must!!"

new topics

join