It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the US, Gaza is a different war

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

In the US, Gaza is a different war

english.aljazeera.net

If an Israeli woman had lost five daughters in a Palestinian attack, would The Washington Post run an equally sized photograph of a relatively unharmed Palestinian woman, who was merely distraught over Israeli missile fire?

When the front page photographs of the two women were published on December 30, over 350 Palestinians had reportedly been killed compared to just four Israelis.

What if 350 Israelis had been killed and only four Palestinians - would the newspaper have run the stories side by side as if equal in news value?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This is an important article, because it is not about big concepts like disinformation etc. but how the media very subtly and invisibly manipulates readers mind. Or how they reproduce what the reader thinks. One of the biggest frustruation on the "east side" of the world is, that westerns always talk about human rights or equal rights but they never show equal respect, as you witness on the mainstream media a lot of times.

english.aljazeera.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Very interesting article. I don't watch the news so I have no idea how this assault on Gaza is being portrayed here in the U.S., but I'm not surprised that it's being covered with a pro-israel bias.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

Actually this happens not only in U.S. At least I can speak for German media, and can tell that the European Media too have a lot bias, and they intentionally construct and reproduce the hegemonical and mostly colonial establishment. What we read and watch through media should be re-read and re-watched through a third eye, with the eye of inner justice and truth.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
You have to remember that the media companies are owned in majority by Jewish people.
Control the media and you control peoples minds.

Here is a link to a HUGE list of Jewish media kings:

elitistdeception.blogspot.com...

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Waldy]

top topics

join