It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taliban kills 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Taliban kills 3

www.abc.net.au

Taliban militants executed three people in a restive Pakistani tribal region near the Afghan border after accusing them of spying for the United States, officials said.

The body of a 25-year-old local tribesman was found hung upside down in a tree in the town of Naurak in North Waziristan, residents and security officials said.

The man had been kidnapped from the region's main town of Miranshah last week.

The bullet-riddled bodies of two Afghan refugees were dumped on a roadside in the same area, a security official said.

Notes found near the bodies said: "they were found guilty of spying for the US forces in Afghanistan".

Militants have killed dozens of local tribesmen and Afghan refugees on charges of spying, mainly for the Pakistani Government or US forces operating across the border in Afghanistan.

Pakistan's lawless tribal areas have been wracked by violence since hundreds of Taliban and Al Qaeda rebels sought refuge in the region after the US-led invasion of Afghanistan toppled the hardline Taliban regime in late 2001.

-AFP
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have no comment... was wondering what you thought.

Your submission did not include a sufficient amount of your own comments or observations. Please write a meaningful summary of your comments on the news article, and try again.

Your submission did not include a sufficient amount of your own comments or observations. Please write a meaningful summary of your comments on the news article, and try again.

As I said I have no comment to make ... but apparently this is what I have to do to get around that.

Mungo

Mungo

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
That was NOT the headline I posted !!!!!!!!!

Taliban kills 3 'US spies' in Pakistan: official

That was,

Mungo Taliban kills 3 'US spies' in Pakistan: official

Taliban kills 3 'US spies' in Pakistan: official

U with me now?

Mungo

[edit on 5/1/2009 by mungodave]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
i wonder how the taliban determines who is a spy and who isnt. is it like the salem witch trials only they hang people from trees and whoever lives is on their side? let that place burn to the ground

[edit on 5-1-2009 by Swatman]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Either way... can a mod fix the headline or whatever.... dont want to be misleading.

Mungo

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
theres nothing misleading about it. its right there in the title

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Mods !! where the "spip" are you when I need you?

Mungo

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well at least they didn't blame their deaths on the USA.

They were probably trying to send a message to the rest of the tribes of what will happen if they even think about helping the USA.

top topics

join