It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel/Gaza Threads Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Obviously, there is a war going on. Unless you've been living in a cave the past few days, you cannot have missed it.

It is perfectly understandable that during such a time that tempers will get incredibly heated, especially with such a high civillian casualty rate. A casualty rate that interestingly, on a site that prides itself on being a cut above the flock, we see people gloating about like UTTER SAVAGES..... you KNOW who you are, and you're dragging this community down with your bile.

We know there are information warfare mercs on this site operating for the highest bidder, rolling round tag teaming threads. We're also seeing Ultra right wing whackjobs and zionists ganging up on people in threads, and/or just posting back and forth, trying to be as offensive as possible without breaching Terms and Conditions. Not just to individual posters either, but to entire communities.

The question therefore is, can ATS Admin, the Mods, and the Community bring this sustained propaganda and gang style trashing of threads to heel? Can we not remove the mercs at least? We're not even seeing debates anymore, its hit and run insults.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Daystar

I think you're referring to somehting like this thread I started here.

Philosophical Discussion : Freedom of Speech vs Treasonous Actions On ATS...

Personally, I could care less that these idiots are trashing ATS, if ATS does not care. I'm of the mind if I know something is happening, standing in my way, perhaps, then go around it.

Over, Under, Around, or Through, never let anything stand in your way.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
...as always, please Alert such replies.

Yes people get heated, and in the heat of the moment ones fingers can sometimes fly a bit faster than ones brain - or ones better judgement.

So it is understandable that sometimes a Member not normally partial to a bit of cyber-biffo can succumb to the temptation to just issue a verbal serve online. It happens.

But again, I'd encourage ATS Members to alert such replies.

I can't of course promise you that what some may see/consider to be insulting or a breach of the sites T&Cs is necessarily going to be seen that way by any Staff Member/s reviewing the Alert.
Indeed any actions (or lack thereof) we decide to take aren't always agreed with by the Members concerned. In fact some are quite verhmently opposed.

However a review can be requested via the Complain/Suggestion link found on the lefthand side of everyones Member Centre.

Bottomline is we can't do anything about it if we don't know about it...and I'm sure you can appreciate that this site is rather large so its most certainly possible/understandable with the mountains of replies posted each and every day that we do sometimes have a few clangers slip past us.

Hence why we do encourage ATS Members to alert us to such replies. Its a bit like seeing some rubbish laying around a communal lounge we all share and enjoy. This lounge...this site...IMO is every bit yours as it is mine. So too I guess the responsibility of maintaining the standards thereof.

So while some may point at the rubbish on the floor and question why the Cleaner hasn't been in to pick it up yet...we'd most certainly appreciate at least a 'heads up' where the rubbish is or better yet someone kind enough to pick it up themselves where appropriate.

Anyhoo...with recent international events it certainly seems like more than a few trash-cans have been kicked over in the hallways...so right now us Cleaners are doing what we can...it may take some time so we'd ask for ATS to please bear with us.

I'd also encourage ATS Members to perhaps be cognisant of the 'Slippery Floor' signs that a Staff Member may put up in some threads, requesting people take care and watch their step (ie:Staff Requests/Instructions to Hold off on the insults etc).
As its highly likely the 'Cleaner' who then comes across a mess after placing those signs is going to hit someone with their mop (Warn buttons) a bit more actively than otherwise.

ATS is what we make it...ATS is also what we allow others to make it into.

Cheers people.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I just think there are too darn many gaza threads.

How many times do we need to hear about every stink'n bomb that
falls or every video that comes out?

People run back and forth - saying exactly the same thing on each thread - and no one listens anyways.

How about ONE thread .. and everyone who wants to can dump in that one.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Not to point out the obvious, and I hope I don't get kicked off the forum. But scroll all the way down the page and take a look. ATS is part of the Interactive Advertising Bureau. If you can "read" the logo, then you know nothing will be done. They don't care.

Peace and Love

top topics

join