It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we be living on the moon by 2020?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Professor Foing added that a new generation of human space exploration was a realistic goal.

"It is within the reach of our generation, or our children's generation, where we will be able to start a civilisation that will be a 'double planet' system on Earth and on the Moon.

"This sort of vision could really inspire the public to innovate, which is the ingredient needed to save societies from decline."

BBC Source

Not sure if anyone has come across this article on the BBC site but I thought I would post it as it clearly insinuates that we will be living on the moon in the near future.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
NASA aims to have the construction of its Lunar outpost completed by 2020, or near operational.

2020 time frame is realistic.

sty

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Well, to be onest it depends on what the bankers want . All about $$$ . We have the tech we need to colonise the moon, however we deeply depend on the good intentions of our banksters. They decide the future of the human race, not us..

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sty

It is not in the bankers hand, it is in the governments hand. If the request for funding foes through without a hitch, we can see a base on the moon before 2020 itself, after the first few flights of constellation/orion program.

Very interesting times are ahead.

sty

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
well, who would provide another trillion to a banckrupt government? Maybe it would have more chances via private hands? the first step would be to find a cheaper way to access the low orbit, then everything will fall into place
(my opinion)

top topics

join