It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monty or Mel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Life of Brian vs. The Passion.

Quoted from the link:

Monty Python's film The Life of Brian is to return to US cinemas next month following the success of The Passion of the Christ.
The Biblical satire will be re-released in Los Angeles, New York and other US cities to mark its 25th anniversary.

Adverts will challenge Mel Gibson's blockbuster with the lines "Mel or Monty?", "The Passion or the Python?"

Distributor Rainbow said it hoped the film would "serve as an antidote to all the hysteria about Mel's movie".

Full article.

I don't expect a lot of the same outrage that this movie was subjected to the first time it was released but it is going to be interesting to see the reactions of certain groups of people that seem to have taken the Passion way too seriously.

Brian: You are all individuals!!!
Gathered crowd: We are all individuals!!!
Man in crowd: Well I'm not.

One of my favorite lines from the movie

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I haven't been able to see the Passion yet, but I absolutely loved Life of Brian !

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disastro
Distributor Rainbow said it hoped the film would "serve as an antidote to all the hysteria about Mel's movie".

An antidote, eh? Personally, I love the Life of Brian, although it's nowhere near the Grail
It's disappointing that the motivation for rereleasing the movie is to, from the way I'm interpreting this, attack the Passion...Not sure if I'll go see it in the theaters. (besides, I own the DVD
)

new topics

join