It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

reptilian aliens and photoshop?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
hi there

i am a believer in ufos but im not gullible enough to jump to conclusion that everytime somebody puts up a video saying `alien or ufo` i instantly assume its a spacecraft from mars,

anyway on to the point

i often see videos of `fox news reporter is a reptilian ` or `george bush reptilian`

and it goes on to show you an enhanced video like this one...
please watch and tell me (its the 3 minute mark where the user claims to show a reptilian)

how is this done

and if this filter is done to anyone can it make them look like a reptilian too?

i just want to know as im curious

[edit on 1-1-2009 by plejarenentity]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I wouldn't call it enhanced in anyway, more like tampered until the desired outcome is achieved.

How it is done I couldn't say but here is a good example why Youtube ISN'T a good medium for things like this:

Youtube link

Video Information:
pay attention to the reporters....they tell her that shes changing, but in the form of questions. listen for the words...changes a person"(1:54), "Do you think this changed you?" (2:00) "Does it change how you look" (2:33), definite "ques" to let her know what she was doing. Jenna says "image of me" @2:24 "changed you?..."do you think this changed you?"... "i think that people had that image of us because they didnt know really what we were up to...we wanted to keep private....."IMAGE of me" @ 2:23 reptilians control your news stations and your politicians...

Original footage HERE

Cheers!

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Those coming with claims like this either:

A) Have never visited the internet before and seen online media
B) Doesnt have a bloody clue what compression is

This "reptilian" apperance is NORMAL AND COMMON in compressed videos. That isnt even bad. I've seen videos where entire faces can morph and blur out into blocks.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Video compresion artifacts.
The compresion is very sophisticated, i know only the basic principle: the frame is divided in square blocks, then every block is compresed digitally with mathematical alghoritms. The compresion is made in space (in that frame), but also in time (compared with the next or previous frame), calculations are made and depending on degree of compresion, so the compresion artifacts (degree of aproximation) can became easy visible. It is very technical, I know only these basics. Google "video compresion" or wikipedia, but it is much technical boring stuff to read.

So, because people not knowing those boring complicated technical stuff, then con-mans are very glad to deceive people.

[edit on 1/1/09 by depthoffield]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
i thought reptiles belonged to the gray area.
Happy New Year all.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The people who find evidence of reptilian humans in mildly distorted video are in the same business as those who find the image of Jesus in tile floors, broken eggs, stains on walls.

I won't say what my opinion is of people who buy into any of this.

MF

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
ive never said i buy into it
im merely wanting to know how this effect is achieved

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by plejarenentity
ive never said i buy into it
im merely wanting to know how this effect is achieved

let google be you guide
Happy new year

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
This "reptilian" apperance is NORMAL AND COMMON in compressed videos.

It seems to be normal in high quality ones, too. A lot of them on YouTube claim to show slit eyes, people claim it's pixelated. When viewing the original (eg CNN), it shows the eyes much clearer.

Then it becomes a "lighting issue".

xul

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just forget everything you see on Youtube. It's useless.

xul

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Even if you find there something really fascinating, something supported by hard scientific facts, etc...people will still just laugh at you.
After all..."it's just a Youtube video, you know?"

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The only question I have about these things is why these artefacts, compression issues, etc. only seem to happen to people on the screen. Not the background, or the desk, etc. Just faces and hair?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
The only question I have about these things is why these artefacts, compression issues, etc. only seem to happen to people on the screen. Not the background, or the desk, etc. Just faces and hair?

For one thing, the people in the foreground are moving while the background and inanimate objects are repeated field to field (ie frames)
People are usually more brightly lit, so higher contrast comes into play.
If you take a photocopy machine and increase contrast you get similar effects.

Also broadcast colour can veer from red-orange spectrum to blue-green when there's disruption.

Somewhere there are videos in which reptiles get distorted and start looking more like mammals. I wonder if they are concerned some of them are secretly human.

Mike F

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Oh my God, it's proof!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Originally posted by Aeons

For one thing, the people in the foreground are moving while the background and inanimate objects are repeated field to field (ie frames)
People are usually more brightly lit, so higher contrast comes into play.
If you take a photocopy machine and increase contrast you get similar effects.

Also broadcast colour can veer from red-orange spectrum to blue-green when there's disruption.

Somewhere there are videos in which reptiles get distorted and start looking more like mammals. I wonder if they are concerned some of them are secretly human.

Mike F

Can you give me an example of that on a photocopier? The wavy lines?

How does the broadcast colour veering from r-o to b-g cause moving objects/people to become distortions?

I am not a video tech, nor do I play with photoshop. You'll need to dumb down your reply for me. Pointing at the spectrums and thinking that I can make the leap to what that means when I see it just isn't going to work here.
I don't have even enough back knowledge to connect any dots.

Just to be clear here - I in no way think that reptilians are taking over the world. I do think that I've read enough of this meme that I think that this one item is a head scratcher to a person who doesn't know cameras and compression and whatnot. I look - I see what these reptilian-believers are seeing, and I think this is an interesting question.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Hi,

Briefly, in analogue video a single line goes back and forth hundreds of times across a screen to make up an image - this is called a field. There are 30 fields per second -just as in film there are 24 fields per second.

For trnsmission purposes in breaking down the signal and reforming it instability can be introduced causing distortions in image quality and shifting the colour spectrum.

Digitization oftn introduces the instability I mention.

I recommend you check out some kind of beginners manual online for how video is made.

Mike F

new topics

top topics

join