It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas Legalizes Crucifixion - on Christmas Eve

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I don't. When I said humiliation, I had Palestinians themselves in mind. Remember, Hamas and Fatah are having a rift. Wouldn't take much to get a Fatah supporter and make an example out of him.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
How many Christians and Jews have been arrested by the Palestinian police?

It's more likely that the terrorists would execute the laws rather then the police. And as far as radical policing goes .. don't forget the 'morality police' in Saudi Arabia. If it could happen there, it could happen in Gaza. Give it some time ...

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Following that line of thinking, why do terrorists need crucifixion to be legalised?

Have they used it before?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Why people keep on thinking that this would be only applied to Jews and Christians?

How many Christians and Jews have been arrested by the Palestinian police?

Does the irony in his/her posting strike anyone else, given his/her signature? Ignorance must truly be bliss! PLEASE share with me the secret of such a degree of it so I too can be happy!

Seriously though...

1. Hamas and Hisballah are sponsored by Iran.
2. Hamas, Hisballah, Al-Queda and Iran have EACH captured Israeli's, Americans and Brits.. then "judged" them, resulting in either barter for their own imprisoned, parading in front of cameras for political points and or summary execution by DECAPITATION.
3. Iran just created a "special court" to prosecute those part of the "Gaza atrocities"
4. Crucifixion was allegedly written into law on CHRISTMAS EVE and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad addressing the West on CHRISTMAS EVE states that Jesus Christ would be on his side against the Jews

My God man! It makes my hair stand up. I understand, however, that many people are numbed to the point of apathy on this, but it evaporates upon the site of a Christian or Jewish (any Western really) being held with a sword to their neck by 5 masked muslim radicals or the state of Iran. It hurts my heart to bring those images to mind.

Would you agree at least that we should do everything to prevent such an image in the future?

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Consider the source of the article and the fact that there is a war being fought. Ever hear the word 'propaganda'?

[edit on 1-1-2009 by hawkeye1717]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkeye1717

You are correct. The source is very important. However, the op warns that he is not sure if this really happened or not. It still makes it worthy of discussion especially since religions of all kinds are being attacked. How would you react if there was proof that somebody was crucified in these modern times? Would it freaked you out or would just chalk it up to another example of our barbaric world?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Lets face it, even if true its just another form of barbarism that is no differnt that what the Mossad uses in its jails or the IDF which is lets face it targeting civilians in Gaza.

Im not sure who I should be more disgusted with Hamas AND Israel, or those who seem to feel Israel gets a free pass to comit these kinds of atrocities whenever it feels like it :shk:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSpark
1. Hamas and Hisballah are sponsored by Iran.

Isreal and the Mossad are sponsored, supported and underwritten by the US. You point?

2. Hamas, Hisballah, Al-Queda and Iran have EACH captured Israeli's, Americans and Brits.. then "judged" them, resulting in either barter for their own imprisoned, parading in front of cameras for political points and or summary execution by DECAPITATION.

The Mossad and the IDF have used cluster munitions, assasination (And gotten the wrong guy from time to time), kidnapping, conducted false flag operations agianst the US (lavon Affair) etc.

Whats the difference? Ask the survivors of the Shah's SAVAK which were directly trained and used MOSSAD tactics how warm and fuzzy the Mossad treats its prisoners?

To be sure they don't post thier stuff on youTube, unless its clearly propaganda but really now.

3. Iran just created a "special court" to prosecute those part of the "Gaza atrocities"

I agree with you there, Iran has no business doing this. Those responsable for dropping cluster minitions and PGM's into densly packed civilian areas should be tried by the Hague for thier crimes against humanity

Would you agree at least that we should do everything to prevent such an image in the future?

Yes, clearly israel has had great sucess with its tactics to date
Kudos for them as they have sowed the seeds of the next 10 years of terrorism. Unless they accelerate thier genocide in Gaza.

Whats the point behind all of this? My responces sound fringe and crazy no? But in reality, its no different than those of the other side in justifing this genocidal responce by israel.

I ask again, why does Isreal seem to get this blanket pass for committing the same acts that we decry in others?

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSpark
4. Crucifixion was allegedly written into law on CHRISTMAS EVE and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad addressing the West on CHRISTMAS EVE states that Jesus Christ would be on his side against the Jews
I do not remember that part from his speach, could you please point to where he said that? Thanks.

My God man! It makes my hair stand up.
Not mine, my hair stays in the same position regardless of talk.

I understand, however, that many people are numbed to the point of apathy on this, but it evaporates upon the site of a Christian or Jewish (any Western really) being held with a sword to their neck by 5 masked muslim radicals or the state of Iran.
I am not numbed, and the sight of a Western (whatever that means) menaced by someone that looks "Arabic" does not affect me more than the sight of an "Arabic" looking person menaced by a "Western".

Why should I be affected by one more than by the other? Because I am a Westerner? Well, I am a Westerner, but being Portuguese I also know that many "Westerners" could look at me and think of me as an "Arabic" looking guy, after all, for the Northern European types, any darker skin must mean an Arab, right?

Or is it a religious issue? If it is, it does not affect me, I am an atheist, I consider someone's opinion about religion as important as somebody else's opinion, even my own. It's just an opinion, after all.

It hurts my heart to bring those images to mind.
It does not hurt my heart, but I was expecting that, I am not easily moved by gruesome images, and I never identify myself with anyone else, I am just one person among millions, just that.

Sure, and all other images of crimes, wars, hunger, avoidable diseases, etc. There are so many things to do, why start to worry about a hypothetical law to legalise crucifixion in a very small country, a law that, if true, will affect only a very small percentage of their own population?

How can an internal Palestinian law be the basis for the use of that method in other places? Does the United Kingdom use the electric chair because some states in the US use (or used to use)?

Seriously, I do not see any reason to see this case as true, although I accept that it may be, stupidest things have happened.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

There are so many things to do, why start to worry about a hypothetical law to legalise crucifixion in a very small country, a law that, if true, will affect only a very small percentage of their own population?

Using that thought process - why should anyone care what happens to GITMO detainees? It effects only a very small percentage of people in a small isolated place.

Homosexuals are stoned to death in Iran. That's a very small percentage of a small population in a small country. But I still care.

Hypothetical law? Hypothetical = 'not well supported by evidence'. (the dictionary says). I dunno' ... Hamas has been cagey but they did admit a few times that they were discussing it.

Why should we 'worry' about it? I"m not worried about it. I do, however, care about it. Crucifixion is ghastly. And I think we should care if people are suffering human rights abuses in this fashion and for the 'crimes' of which this suffering would come about.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I ask again, why does Isreal seem to get this blanket pass for committing the same acts that we decry in others?

Last I saw - this thread was about Hamas legalizing crucifixion ... and Isreal doesn't crucify to death anyone.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Amongst lots of other highly distasteful things,doesn't the Qu'ran also say this?

Koran 5:33
The Punishment for those who oppose Allah and his messenger is : Execution or Crucifixion or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides or exile from the land.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Al Arabiya Confirms Crucifixion Story

Al Arabiya Confirms the story. Again – an English quote can be found HERE .

From Al Arabiya – headlines - Hamas approves law of punishment by lashes, amputating hands, crucifying, and execution—in order to implement the Islamic Sharia law

Section 59 of the law establishes that “punishment of death will be enacted on any Palestinian who intentionally does one of the following: Raised a weapon against Palestine on behalf of the enemy during war, was appointed to negotiate with a foreign government on a Palestinian issue and negotiated against Palestinians’ interest, performed a hostile action against a foreign country in a way that endangers Palestine in war or in harming political relations, served a foreign army in time of war, advised or helped soldiers to enlist in this army, weakened the spirit or the force of resistance of the people, or spied against Palestine especially during war.”

reply to post by karl 12

Yep. Which is what the law is based upon.

More on what the Code says –

Appa News

The new Penal Code in effect establishes Koranic Punishments as prescribed in Sharia Law, which include amputation, application of lashes in various degrees of severity depending on the type of crimes committed, crucifixion and the death penalty. Blood revenge has also been contemplated in the new legislation.

Legislation expects 40 lashes as a minimum applicable to any person caught drinking wine or storing wine or indeed producing wine and death penalty for actions committed against the interests of Palestine.
Moreover, the new Penal Code in its text - according to sources quoted above - states that “These punishments will not be canceled or pardoned
…”.

Palestine Media Watch quote. The original article was taken down by Palestine Media Watch. Just the quote now exists.

immediate edit to fix quote

[edit on 1/3/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Using that thought process - why should anyone care what happens to GITMO detainees? It effects only a very small percentage of people in a small isolated place.
But it's not hypothetical, that was the first thing I wrote.

Now, if this is confirmed as true (as it looks like) then the discussion changes (at least for me), because it starts to be about something that is confirmed as true and not just what some people wrote on some web pages (anyone can do that).

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Come on folks, this is obvious war propaganda aimed at the Christian West which is taking an ever dimmer view of Israel’s actions against Gaza. What’s next, throwing babies out of incubators? Attacking the USS Liberty?

Jeeez…. Deny ignorance my left frontal lobe.

<< 1   >>

join