It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chrysler Thanks Americans for Bailout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hope this isn't posted yet. As much as people hate Fox news on here, I thought this article was pretty funny, and sad all at the same time.

www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 30-12-2008 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yeah they thanks America for the bail out that will be used to pay their CEOs, pay their fancy lawyers and to start other business oversea, while they end up filling for bankruptcy anyway and moving to greener pastures and less complaining Americans.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If Chrysler wants to really thank me ,how about a new car for free.Heck I'll even pay the sales tax.

This is all a bunch of crap.If I get behind on any of my bills ,I don't get a bailout package.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
A quarter of a MILLION dollars goes to a single AD???
And they thought this was a good idea??? They have NO IDEA how much a quarter of a million dollars is to people like me. That's MORE THAN MY HOUSE! For a piece of paper!

And we didn't even give it to them! Bush did! We fought it tooth and nail! I hate these people!

Ack! This is infuriating. I'm going to write to them.

Edit: They don't have an email address and the "ask questions" site is down. Good. That means they're being flooded with angry consumers.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
First it was private jets to Congress, now it's crap like this. These guys just don't get it. They don't know how to manage money, period! Taking out full page newspaper ads at a cost of a quarter of a mil should have signaled Bush that Chrysler doesn't know how to manage money and he should have yanked their funds immediately.

Chrysler's days are numbered, even if they get to keep the bailout money. Of the big three, they consistently produce crappy vehicles with huge depreciation value, worse than average reliability and cars no one wants. The Ram pickup is their only saving grace and the F150 easily edges it out of the full-size pickup class.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
SOS that is OK they thank the big harts of the dying middle class and tax payer of America, while they are losing their jobs the big Three gets their money.

The markets are doing good today because the money has been pay out, but now the Madoff scandal and the links to "fund of Funds" is going to cause another fall, then the treasuries are about to burst just like the housing bubble, because we have a nation in which many made fortunes on scam, scandals and corruption.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
SOS that is OK they thank the big harts of the dying middle class and tax payer of America, while they are losing their jobs the big Three gets their money.

The markets are doing good today because the money has been pay out, but now the Madoff scandal and the links to "fund of Funds" is going to cause another fall, then the treasuries are about to burst just like the housing bubble, because we have a nation in which many made fortunes on scam, scandals and corruption.

You know what's ironic is China, a communist nation, doesn't play around with things like this. Schemers, scammers, those who brew up scandals are all made to pay dearly for their greed and corruption.

China executes former food and drug regulator for taking bribes to approve untested medicine
www.iht.com...

China executes businessman convicted of bilking investors out of $416 million
www.sfgate.com.../n/a/2008/11/27/international/i055346S45.DTL

I wonder just how corrupt our top ranks would be if our penalties were as HALF as harsh as Chinas are.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
While we don't have to be so extreme due to our status as a modern democratic nation, we do have regulations put in play with more fat rats that seat on their big arses call SEC that are to be the watchdogs for all the wrong doings made by corporate America.

But as usual just like our politicians they all sleep with the same people they are suppose to be watching and getting briberies at the same time.

Funny that our nation is becoming the nation that scandals are part of everyday business.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Since I'm now part owner of that corp does that mean I can purchase a vehicle at a discount?
I doubt it.

These guys were bailed out years ago too
if anything, big coorporations should only be allowed one bail out per their life cycle, no more.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am not sure if Chrysler is one of the companies that flew to on a jumbo jet to DC.

Chrysler is unique in that they are the only car company remaining that is privately owned. This had presented a uique problem to congress. do you bail out a private company.

Or that a good reason to save it? I think so.

At least they thanked Americans. Unlike the banks who have given us the finger and won't reveal how the money is spent, I think this is by far, classier.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Well consider their humanitarian record...do you really think we should go down that road?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
They can take their thanks and stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I never condoned any bail out. Thank Bush... he's the one who gave you the billions.... we just have to foot the bill. You screwed up your own company and should reap what you sow. If only Kharma was instant.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by sos37

Well consider their humanitarian record...do you really think we should go down that road?

I'm saying I'd like to see harsher laws for these con-men, but not necessarily to the extent of execution. Something more than a slap on the wrist like life in a max-security prison might actually make them think twice before deciding to defraud the U.S. taxpayer.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IKnowNothing

Regretably I think that all we did was give them the ability to ask for more for themselves when they sell to anotherr company or consortium.

Chrysler is in deep trouble and this loan will not be enough to get them out I don't think.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
A quarter of a MILLION dollars goes to a single AD???
And they thought this was a good idea??? They have NO IDEA how much a quarter of a million dollars is to people like me. That's MORE THAN MY HOUSE! For a piece of paper!

I wonder how many "middle income" American taxpayers it would take to pay $250 million dollars in Federal Taxes to pay for that money the government gave them that they spent on that ad!

Don't they have any better ideas on how to spend that money.

top topics

join