It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the record industry conspiring people out of politics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I know that this is an unorthodox view, but I do not view the best minds as the best debaters. Of course any political team needs it's debaters. However, I view the best poltical minds to suggest our futures to be the creatives. And the best of them become (aged 18) musical stars (and aged 40) artistically respected.

What worries me is that the ones who shine by their early twenties can have all the record awards, champagne, shags, and total good vibe, which is totally seductive. Later they discover that they are not allowed to do politics, because they are a 'star' and that seduces the electorate.

The implications are that if you want to be heard, don't get a record contract.

My question: Does the record industry care? Or is this a major shareholder conspiracy, we don't want anyone who will destroy the dividends type thing. I shouldn't say that because records are left wing, but I don't think anyone should be beyond reproach. Branson dunnit!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
OK, so how did Bono do with the third world?

And why did John Lydon (aka Johnny Rotten - Sex Pistols) refer to his views having a cow pat on their head?

And why did Tony Blair shake hands with 'Cool Britannia,' yet give them no more than a cursory 'hello?'

join