It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hero para Ben's Army dream joy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Hero para Ben's Army dream joy

www.thesun.co.uk

Lance-Bombardier Ben, 24, lost both legs and the power of speech in the Helmand province explosion which also fractured his skull two years ago.

Yet he moved thousands to tears at The Sun Military Awards this month by tapping out the message: “I want to stay in the Army” on his wheelchair’s electronic speakerbox.

MoD chiefs granted his wish — and broke the news in time for Christmas. Ben, who had expected an Army discharge next month, was told at a gym physio session near his home in Doncaster.

He hauled himself into a standing position, then walked four lengths of the gym on artificial legs before collapsing exhausted
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think this is an amazing story and a great inspiration for many; it’s always good to read the news and come across an amazing story like this. When I did read this story it reduced me to tears, not because I was sad but because I was happy that this brave troop got another chance in life. I don’t think there is a medal out there that will express his dedication and determination towards his line of work.

A true hero, well done Ben I salute you with honor

I would also like to salute all out brave troops out there around the world, you are doing a great job and we can only pray you make it home safe to spend much needed time with you families and friends.

Psycho81

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-12-2008 by psycho81]

join