It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music Industry Drops Effort to Sue Song Swappers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Music Industry Drops Effort to Sue Song Swappers

www.newsmax.com

LOS ANGELES -- The group representing the U.S. music industry says it will abandon its policy of suing people for sharing songs protected by copyright.

The Recording Industry Association of America says that now it will try to stop alleged music pirates by working with Internet service providers to cut access to frequent abusers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Finally an end to this madness. The recording industry has harrassed music downloaders and scared them into settling out of court for too long.

The average guy singled out by the recording indusry for a lawsuit had little recourse but to accept a settlement far exceeding the value of the music they are accused of illegally downloading.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-12-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
That's hilarious that just a couple of months ago Canada outlawed copyrighted downloads....behind the times a little up here i think. Outlawing it when it's becoming more accepted by the ptb's hhahaha. I hope it's the same with movies. There have been many movies i've bought that if i hadn't watched online for free i never would't bought them.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join