It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HD video issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
ok so here is the scoop guys

my pc setup is as follows

pentium d 3.2 ghz 800mhz fsb
fatality 4gb ddr2 "pc 5200 ram i believe"
dual 250 gb hdd sata
ati radeon hd 3450 with 512 mb ddr3 ram
and windows xp sp3

ok that not a joke system its actually pretty powerfull for most people
anyways this is where i'm running into a problem.

i recently downloladed an hd video so i can put my hd tv to work at its fullest potential my tv has a direct hdmi connection to the video card

and when i play the hd 1080p video it lags but the audio stays normal and soon they are out of sync.

i'm using the cccp to play this mkv file and its not happening like its suposed to so if yall have any ideas let me know thx

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Without knowing anything specific about high-definition video and your hardware, the only thing I can think is video drivers, they may be the reason your computer is having trouble playing the video.

Is there any place where I can get a small high-definition video to make a comparison? That way would be easier.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would have to agree with it possibly being the drivers.

It could be the video itself. We just watched a Christmas DVD the other day, and the audio and video were way out of sync on one of the cartoons. And this was on a stand-alone DVD player. The other videos were in-sync.

So, also, try another video.

Troy

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
i think i have narrowed down the specifics this only seems to happen with mkv files and xvid hd files but curiously some mkv's will play normally i really dont get it yet

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
i wanted to place a resolution on this thread i started a long time ago.

the problem was the pentium d processor once i went to a core 2 that was resolved like back in 2008
edit on 5/2/2011 by razor1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Matroska (MKV) is not a video format. It can actually contain the said xvid hd video, and much much more. Grab a few xvid videos of varying resolutions and check the results.

Also 1080p xvid will not play that well unless you have a decent processor, you use a multi-threaded video decoding backend such as mplayer.

top topics

join