It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious lights over Oslo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've tried to translate the article, but my english is a little out of practice.
The parts I have left out is the journalists attempt to link the lights to Santa Claus....

Mysterious lights over Oslo

A powerful light has been observed travelling back and forth over Oslo tonight. The light is very bright and white, but turns out green when you see them on pictures.

Arne Albertsen from Tveita, Oslo took several pictures of the phenomenon.

- We could see a light moving and it seemed to be changing in size. It also looked like several smaller lights attached to the bigger one.

Astrophysicist Knut Jørgen Røed Ødegaard thinks it could be something that are being lit up by the sun.

- It could be something in our atmosphere that is being lit up by the sun. But it is more probable that this is Sirius. If you zoom in on Sirius it can look like a lot of weird stuff he explaines.

Norwegian article
Photos

[edit on 23/12/08 by muriaz]

[edit on 23/12/08 by muriaz]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just contacted ZiggyStar60, who should be able to help

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hi. GEL, thanks for the U2U and the heads up. (And thanks for my fantastic new avatar, I love it!)

The lights mentioned in the Norwegian newspaper article are moving searchlights which I often have seen reflected in the clouds over Oslo.

The lights come from the exclusive "Ekebergrestauranten". Well worth a visit if you ever visit Oslo, it has a great view over the city and Oslofjorden.

You can see the searchlights in the background in this photo:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Lol this is not the "search lights" and if you would have lived in Oslo you would have know that.

top topics

join