It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank God I am a human being and more highly evolved!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I found the whore of the animal kingdom? ...oh but maybe the red-side garter snake doesn't know it is having an orgy? Maybe the red-side garter snake just does what it does? OMG I have heard about humans doing the same thing...

Whoredom

The mating ritual of the Red Side Garter Snake:

During the mating season, the red-side garter snake will engage in a massive orgy, with one female taking on hundreds of partners
Red-Side Garter Snake

OMG I don't want to be bare foot and pregnant but it is imperative for the survival of the species!

Reproduction of Bees:

The surviving virgin queen will fly out on a sunny, warm day to a "drone congregation area" where she will mate with 12-15 drones. If the weather holds, she may return to the drone congregation area for several days until she is fully mated. The young queen stores the sperm from multiple drones in her spermatheca. She will selectively release sperm for the remaining 2-7 years of her life.

Her sole function is to serve as the reproducer. A well-mated and well-fed queen of quality stock can lay about 2,000 eggs per day during the spring build-up
Bees

Reproduction of Ants:

...masses of winged ants or "flying ants" will leave their parent nest and take flight [3]. The mating flights occur simultaneously in all ant nests of the particular species. The female "queen" ants will fly a long distance, during which they will mate with at least one winged male from another nest. He transfers sperm to the seminal receptacle of the queen and then dies. Once mated, the "queen" will attempt to find a suitable area to start a colony and, once found, detach her wings

... the queen ant will continuously lay eggs. At the time of egg-laying, the queen may choose to fertilize eggs at will by using the sperm cells retained from the nuptial flight

The term "queen" is often deceptive, as the queen ant has very little control over the colony as a whole. She has no known authority or decision-making control; instead her sole function is to reproduce.

Great!! The male ant dies and leaves it to the female... how convenient! Oh and the female has no authority....

Reproduction of Monkeys: Fornication & Adultery

Hmm? Didn't we evolve from Monkeys? Oh but that is controversial, why would we want to admit that?

Evidence that females mate with multiple partners.
Sexual selection and the comparative anatomy of reproduction in monkeys, apes, and human beings

Infantcide, Murder

One of the most serious risks a chimpanzee faces is being killed at birth by an older male. Females also kill other chimps' young if they consider them a drain on food resources or as a potential competitor for a mate.
Research

Boasting, Adultery, Paternity Deceit

Townsend's team found that females were most vocal when mating with high ranking males in the community. "By making these louder calls, they are advertising to other good quality males in the area that they are fertile and receptive. That increases her chances of mating with those males and so confuses the offspring's paternity," he said. If a male suspects he may have fathered a newborn chimp, he is more likely to protect the mother and baby.
Research

Homosexuality & Bi Sexuality

Homosexual and bisexual behavior are widespread in the animal kingdom: a 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior, has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.
Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity

One night stands, casual sex, threesomes

An estimated one-quarter of all black swans pairings are homosexual and they steal nests, or form temporary threesomes with females to obtain eggs, driving away the female after she lays the eggs.

Such same-sex pairs represent a major fitness bonus to a pen, and pens without partners will seek out these couples, have sex with one or other of the cobs and lay eggs in their nest. She is then chased off, not being a part of the pair, and the cobs raise the cygnets themselves
Black Swans

Group Sex

The Amazon River dolphin or boto has been reported to form up in bands of 3-5 individuals enjoying group sex. The groups usually comprise young males and sometimes one or two females. Sex is performed in non-reproductive ways, using snout, flippers and general rubbing, without regards to gender. They will sometimes perform homosexual penetration of the blowhole, the only known example of nasal sex.[29] The males will sometimes also perform sex with tucuxi males, a small porpoise.
Amazon River Dolphin

Bi Sexuality & Lesbianism

The Bonobo, which has a matriarchal society (unusual amongst apes), is a fully bisexual species -- both males and females engage in heterosexual and homosexual behavior, being noted for lesbianism in particular.

Rape

It has long been observed that some animals appear to show behavior resembling rape in humans, such as combining sexual intercourse with violent assault, often observed in ducks and geese. Sometimes an animal is approached and sexually penetrated while it appears to not want it -- e.g. it struggles or tries to escape.
Sociobiological Theories of Rape

Male Koalas constantly rape female Koalas when it is breeding time. If she is tired and refuses the male Koala will litrally drag her against her will and have sex with her.
Source

Leaving the Female with all the responsiblity

Koala's: A dominant male will mate with as many females as he can find. Once mating is complete, the animals go their separate ways, and the male has nothing to do with raising the offspring. Koalas are capable of mating when they are two years old, but generally do not begin to reproduce until they are four or five. Their lifespan is about ten years in the wild, and almost double that in captivity.
Koala-Behavior & Reproduction

Thank God I am a human being and more highly evolved than all the other species on the planet
cos the animal kingdom is brutal.

Cos this stuff just doesn't happen with our species

We wear clothes and have morals...

[edit on 22-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
we're not more evolved, just different. Possibly less evolved, if you consider what we call progress and what we pride ourselves in is destroying the only planet we have. That's stupid. Humans are really stupid.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I wouldnt say humans are more highly evolved...lol

In fact as a species we are guilty of many of those things that you listed....perhaps with the exception of putting or male bits in blowholes

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

oh I shudder to think that a human being might have or will try that... oh dear, best I avoid thinking about that one... LOL I was getting a visual!!

The mating ritual of the Red Side Garter Snake:

During the mating season, the red-side garter snake will engage in a massive orgy, with one female taking on hundreds of partners
Red-Side Garter Snake

OMG who would want to be this snake? If I were this snake, I would want to become extinct.

reply to post by dunwichwitch

Yes, I agree. Is there any other species on the planet that destroys its own habitat? I was going to ask, if any other species poos in its bed? But there are animals that do that

[edit on 23-12-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

if you were a snake you wouldnt know the difference. its just how it is. if you were a bee, you wouldnt know the difference, if you were an ant, you wouldnt know the difference.

you cant put human mannerisms into something that isnt human, thats like trying to describe the life of a tree, through the eyes of a bird, that happened to be slowly digesting inside a cat.

doesnt relate.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 30 Seconds

um how do we really know if they know or not?

I just wonder if humans were like this before their eyes were opened?
oh but wait, human beings could never be like the beasts of the field because they are above and beyond just about everything else?

well, that does seem to be the general attitude of humans.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

it is the general thought process of the people i meet and i hate them for it.

the only difference between us and other animals is our self defense mechanism.

unlike other animals we didnt develope spikes, venom, hard caraprices, we developed imagination as our self defence mechanism, and it just evolved from that point on.

imagination is the precursor to intelligence.

[edit on 23-12-2008 by 30 Seconds]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Is there any other species on the planet that destroys its own habitat?

Yes. Any species will do it, if allowed to.

What prevents them? Predators, parasites, disease, accidents and competition with other species for the same ecological niche.

The fact that population will always outgrow resources in the absence of external controlling factors* was first pointed out by the Rev. Thomas Malthus in his Essay on the Principle of Population, first published in 1798. Malthus was concerned with the effects of human overpopulation but his arguments are broadly true for all species.

All species, left to themselves, would destroy their own habitats.

*Or intelligence to multiply the resources

[edit on 24-12-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Many breeds of snakes engage in those practises. Rattlesnakes too. They meet by the hundreds.
Their mating lasts about 5 seconds. So mating for them isn't the same as us.

A female cat can have multiple partners, which is why the kittens can look so different and varied.

Mating practises are successful for those breeds, by either ensuring that they have a variety of genetics, or that at least one partner is going to be fertile.

Is it really smart that humans will stick with each other regardless of ability to reproduce? Or that we limit our genetic material to one mate?

It has nothing to do with evolution. It has to do with what is successful for those species.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

It has nothing to do with evolution. It has to do with what is successful for those species.

I don't understand.

How can this be success defined, other than in evolutionary terms?

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

Is it really smart that humans will stick with each other regardless of ability to reproduce? Or that we limit our genetic material to one mate?

I think the generally accepted explanation for this is that yes, it is smart for us, evolutionarilly-speaking.

We are born incredibly underdeveloped, and take forever to reach maturity and independence from our parents. (And I mean in purely physical terms, not in the living-in-your-parents-basement sort of way).

A person can't really take care of themselves adequately until they're what, eleven or twelve? So over the course of the last hundreds of thousands of years, the most successful reproducers are the ones who can get the highest number of offspring to that age (so they can become grandparents, essentially), rather than the ones who simply produce the most offspring.

And it's much easier to raise a bunch of kids to maturity if you have a partner – in the hunting/gathering days, if you have a man who is looking out for the nutritional needs of "his" woman and children.

I actually think that's probably way too simplistic an analysis, but it's what the biologists like to think

top topics

join