It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just thought everyone should know.(DEWS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
For those of you who have heard of D.E.W.'s and are somewhat skeptical of the existence of these things I just wanted to give some insight as to the availibility of this technology.
Myself and a colleague recently demonstrated a home made DEW to a group of friends here.
The device is a modified microwave transmitter that has can almost instantly heat up an object as far away as 200 ft. It is powered by a standard 110v outlet and can be wielded by one person.
My point is that if I can build a crude device like this what do you think our government can do?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Exactly what is a DEW? Is it like an directional microwave beam? Please explain.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

DEWs =Directed Energy Weapon. And yes in this case we used microwaves to heat up a steel target 200' downrange. If I can do it, you can bet the U.S. Government can do it bigger and better.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Oh, yea I have heard of directed energy weapons. However, I did not know that the military was denying their existence. You are correct though, if you can build one, you better believe that the military has some that would blow your mind, literally. I would say that they have ones that are 1/5 the size and can produce 500% the power. However, we won't see these weapons in use, unless necessary, for 10 to 20 years.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I have to disagree with you on one point, that is that they are not being used. I believe that they are being used. Think about steel buildings collapsing due to fires....just speculation people.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

I hear you, it would not surprise me in the least. What type of range do speculate these weapons to be effective? Could they be mounted on a satellite?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Would a laser qualify as a type of DEW?

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

Also, I assume HAARP would be a type of DEW.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Dude, look up HAARP and HIPAS on this site or another.
Power output is directly proportional to the input. I dont know if a laser qualifies or not. As far as satelites being platforms for DEWS, I think that that was the basis for many space based defensive programs like star wars missile defense systems.
The thing is that aside from being just destructive weapons that make things go boom, they can also be used to manipulate the functions of the brain and nervous systems. I have heard that they can kill with no trace,cause hysteria and hallucinations and other equally bad things. All with different types and frequencies of microwaves,electromagnetism and other types of radiation. Can you imagine the potential of a device that can cause a person to go insane,that leaves no trace, and is considered science fiction by most people.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

I hear you the possibilities are endless.

Not to mention very, very scary.

I can only imagine what great feats we as a species could have accomplished had we only put our talents to the betterment of mankind instead of its destruction.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
could you post the schematics of your device? Never know when it comes in handy.... thnx

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

My point is that if I can build a crude device like this what do you think our government can do?

Not a good argument. Just because you can do something does not mean they have somehow unlocked physics farther than what everyone else knows.
Oh and they DO have a big microwave gun. It's that nonlethal weapon system.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i've heard of weapons that cam melt people into little pools of liquid

and i hope they're just that tall tales

i can';t imagine a weapon like this used on people or if it entered the wrong hands

we're to smart for our own good

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
we think murderers are bad and sick and scum of the earth

what about men or agency's that think,,,,yeah,,, lets design a weapon to melt people

that;s sick,,,, andf about as bad as people on death row in my opinion

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Of course these things exist....there was even a piece on them on the TV show 60 Minutes not too long ago.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I absolutley will not post the schematic design for 2 reasons.
1. The device was not designed wholly by me.
2. I am not sure that I want to be responsible for the outcome if another person builds a larger device.
There are plans to be found on the 'net if anyone really wants to build something like this.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Hello,
Been reading a while, and just decided to join up.

The military has been researching laser technology for some time now. We have aircraft mounted devices which can target a bogie 10 miles out, and within 2 seconds heat it (whether it be an aircraft engine or a missile warhead/gps unit) and destroy it. These types of systems are also available is fixed ground units that have an extrended range. Its not much of a secret.

The tools, parts, and "guts" of these systems are whats kept secret, also the possible creation of hand held mobile units. Its a simple, but energy demanding technology.

Sorry I dont have supportive links but I did see an episode on the discovery channel about these types of systems. Might be a good place to look.

top topics

join