It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: BNP Paribas Under Investigation in the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Some may not see the relevance or importance of this bit of news, but since we deal with conspiracy and this particular company's name has appeared in a few theories, I felt it was of interest.
BNP Spokesman Henri de Clisson confirmed for the New York Times that the bank is being investigated by U.S. Authorities in regards to their banking practices.

BNP Paribas under US Investigation
Citing unidentified people briefed on the inquiry, the Times report said Morgenthau launched the investigation after receiving information from bank employees that some executives may have engaged in improper banking practices.

Janine Haas, BNP Paribas' director of communications in New York, told the newspaper that the bank had begun its own internal probe in February.

"BNP Paribas is reviewing the activities of certain employees regarding their use of proprietary bank funds which was first identified by the bank's own internal audit process," she was quoted as saying.

"Any employees involved are being dealt with appropriately by the bank. We are cooperating fully with the government's investigation of the parties involved and therefore cannot comment further on the investigation," she said.

Conspiracy Related ATS Threads:
Did 9/11 attack use Iraqi oil-for-food money, U.N. planning, Bilderberg banks, Mafia bookkeeping
U.N. franco-fascist bankers planning sequel to 9/11

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
on a personal note, i should mention that I was employed in the downtown NY office of BNP every summer since I was 14, eventually working for two years with them after graduating high school. It was a good experience but i am not suprised to hear that they are being investigated.

join