It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Take a moment and brighten a dying childs day

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I know this is in the wrong topic, but hopefully the mods can relocate it for me as I am unsure where to put it.

Before I go on with this story, just a quick note as to why I'm posting it:

I'm 30 years old, and for 29 of those years, I was to put it bluntly a cold hearted Ahole of the highest magnitude.

I hated just about everyone and everything, and went through life with a small handful of close friends and as far as I was concerned, everyone else on the planet could go to hell for all I cared.

Until December of 2007, when my son was born. I've never been very fond of kids anyways but I stuck around because for once on my life I was determined to "do the right thing" and not be a selfish prick.

Little did I know that little boy would change my life completely. I now regret having been such a turd throughout life, and I learned that a positive outlook on things brings good things to you.

I have also learned the value of helping people, so I thought I would post this in hopes that no matter how many different opinions we have here on ATS, we can all find something we agree on: Little girls like the one in the following story deserve a little happiness in their soon to be cut short lives.

It's December 20th, for those of you who have yet to send out your Christmas cards, why not spend an extra 3 or 4 bucks to put a smile on this little girls face?

I do not know her, nor do I have any involvement in this story at all. I found it a few hours ago, and just got home from dropping a card off at the post office for her.

Lancaster County girl suffering from a rare, incurable brain tumor is at the center of a widely distributed e-mail that is bringing out the best in many people.

Hannah Garman, 4, lives in Lititz. All she wants for Christmas are cards.

Hannah is largely confined to bed and opening cards is one of the few things she can enjoy. If you would like to send Hannah a card, you can send it here:

Hannah Garman
259 North Reading Rd.
Ephrata, Pa. 17522

MSNBC link to story

Link to her site

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Govermnet medal...yuo DEF deserve some knida recognition or award for this momentum step forward man.. im gunan send her the best xmas card i can find..
my hats off too you man...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Damn.
Stories like these get me every time.

You've given me no choice but to send a card, now!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Government Cheese

Dang, Gov. Here I am a grown man, and my face is wet. Hey, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Gotta go wash my face.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm sure plenty will send her cards now.

Cards with funny or interesting pictures would probably make her smile.

Here's the family website.
www.caringbridge.org...

[edit on 20-12-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Wonderful thread
Starred and Flagged - my card probably would not get there for xmas - so might just send one of a cuddly koala

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Thank you........I will make her a special card and send it today.

I would like to remind people that there are children dieing every day and not just at Christmas time.

This thread has convinced me that I personally will look into the Make A wish Foundation for dieing children.

My heart is braking for this little girl but rejoicing that the child in your life has made you a better person.

May you have a very merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Thanks for the post. I always think I'm a tough guy until I read something like this and my damn eyes well up. I'll have to go find her a good card and keep her and the family in my prayers.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Wow,I wasn't ready for that.I'll send some cards and get a few others to do so as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this...

The Cards are on their way!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I lost a very special young someone to cancer. You got me a little teary here. I am gonna go find her a card today.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I couldn't have started my day with a better post, thanks for sharing it.

We'll hop in the dog-jeep and go into town once the post office opens up. (might as well be a sleigh today)

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This will be my first thing I do today.

My problems are nothing compared to this family.

I haven't cried in a long time, but when I read the family lost the mother to cancer 2 years ago that did it.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Incredible posting.....well done. Hard to keep a dry eye when you read this story and see the pictures of that little angel.......

Outstanding posting.........I will be sending a card today.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I logged on to star and flag this .I have to appoligize ahead of time for being a little apprehensive,I would hate for this to be a scam(I'm Sorry)I have seen to much on ATS and in our world from people who get there kicks with this kind of deception.

The only thing that will save this world is if people can change,it would seem that you are proof that humans can change,not something you see often these days.

Now I drive 35 miles into town to send this card,hopfully she will open it,I have put a pic of my Golden (Petie) I think she would like Petie.Thanks GC DON"T change from being this person.

[edit on 20-12-2008 by Battleline]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
What a wonderful heart you have. I think it's been there the whole time, you were just afraid to embrace it. I will definitely send this little doll a card.

It's sad that it takes something like this to create unity in America and the world for that matter. If we could muster the same kind of unity in our every day lives, our governments would not be doing what they are doing to us.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the story. I just put some holy cards with pretty pictures of angels into a nice snowman christmas card and put it in the mail.

Gov't Cheese.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm a bit embarrassed to say that this made me...well...cry a bit...especially when I saw her pictures. She is a beautiful little twig. Thank you for posting this. I sent the links to her story and website to everyone I know and I will be sending her a card.

All I want for Christmas is for her to completely heal and I ask the good Lord to touch her with his healing hand.

Amen

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Its always good to see a man turn over a new leaf! And show some empathy to this world!

I for one have always tried my best not only to show empathy to this world. But to go that extra mile! Going to great lenghts!

I will sertinly send in a card!! Thanks for sharing the info with us.. This one needs our attention!

As an old time rocker, I held my hair to be very dear to me.. It was part of who I was.. But after the thoughts of others with less. I decided I was going to donate it all out to a girl who could use it more so than me!

And Im sure you will see a big difference in your life.. And what a little karma can do for a man..

Thanks you! And happy holidays!
Good work brother!

[edit on 20-12-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Sending a card today.....to make a little girls wish come true!
Told my husband last night, that I'm having a garage sale...with all proceeds to go to the ...."Make a Wish Foundation"...If only I could do more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join