It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haggard says he still struggles with sexuality

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thank you?

Edit: I would like to assume you are being friendly and well meaning but it's really coming off as a bit of an attack. Is that the case? Not sure what I've ever done to you to deserve that. Yeah we may not agree on religion but I don't see any reason to be rude. Not that it matters but it's a little immature.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
reply to post by whaaa

Thank you?

Edit: I would like to assume you are being friendly and well meaning but it's really coming off as a bit of an attack. Is that the case? Not sure what I've ever done to you to deserve that. Yeah we may not agree on religion but I don't see any reason to be rude. Not that it matters but it's a little immature.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by kinglizard]

Once when I first joined, you came down needlessly hard on me and quite rude. I'm sure it meant nothing to you. But I haven't forgotten. You were a new mod, perhaps you just needed to throw your weight around.
I didn't mean my comment as an attack; just a snotty barb.
Immature...perhaps

But since I joined in o5, I have grown considerably tougher and much more cynical.

I know, MODs are people too.

[edit on 8-2-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Obviously I don't recall a confrontation from 4.5 years ago but please accept my apology. If what you said is true I can assure you it is not representative of my true attitude. I have no ill feelings toward you.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by kinglizard]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

KL sorry to say but i too have felt the cold swift way in which you do business/justice, and it leaves a very lasting stinging impression. Speaking solely of my case, i have no recollection of what happened between you and whaaa, i wasn't even a member yet... but from what it sounds like "throwing one's weight around" would be one way of putting it.

I read these past couple posts here, that you had with whaaa almost two months ago and i decided at the time to just bite my tongue. I thought in a few months i would get over it. Now that i'm back to make an update to this thread and in reviewing the posts, i realized that i'm still not over it.

I am not one to hold a grudge, i can usually get the "forgive" of "forgive and forget" part down. To "forget" on the other hand... i don't think is in anyone's best interest... one should always remember people's true nature/character and find a way to forgive through understanding.

Not saying it's you that has to change, i'm just adding my voice for your own reflection/benefit. All i can say i have learned from our crossing is that there is a silly imaginary line that i have a hard time detecting, seems to vary depending on the mod reviewing my threads/posts. Taking a fundamentalist's approach to T&C is as ridiculous as anyone taking a fundamentalist approach to Christianity, Islam or disciplinary measures in schools (aka zero tolerance). Not everything in the world is cut and dry... black and white, last thing you want to do is assume the worst of someone.

With that said, just file it away until some else pokes you in the eye like whaa and myself
... but do keep the following in the forefront of your mind/heart... that i truly appreciate your input on threads (as a member) and i think your sense of aesthetics as an artist/designer are beyond superb... you have certainly raised the bar for us all in the eye-candy dept... which very few will be able to match. Off the top of my head, AZR and Ash are the only two who come close to touching your divine artsy-fartsy dariare

Plus you will always have my respect as a Smod, no easy task... a demanding thankless selfless position, i salute... with of course one bitty bitty exception which i have already went into... but from the bulk of what i have seen you are a true asset to ATS.

Sorry for the lack of class/taste in my public rant... what can i say, i'm a real Ahole... "an eye for an eye" some may say... a devote follower of Festivus and a true believer in the "public display of grievances;D.

Now for the anxiously awaited update on the Haggards...

[edit on 6-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Former pastor and die-hard Christian Ted Haggard and his wife, Gayle, are headed for divorce court--not to part ways, but to "talk" about how to make a marriage work, according to the Advocate.

The shamed Haggard was pastor at the New Life Church in Colorado Springs, Colo., when he cheated on his wife with a male prostitute and was exiled from the church.

After the 2006 romp, Haggard asked Gayle to divorce him telling her, "people will embrace you." She instead decided to stay with good old reliable Ted.

The couple will be presenting their cases-or not-to the honorable judge Lynn Toler on Divorce Court. They will actually be discussing how their marriage survived infidelity and how Haggard "cured" himself of his love for men.

Haggard and his wife appeared on Oprah earlier this year at which time Haggard said he was confused when he slept with the prostitute-repeatedly. And with Gayle holding his hand, he then referred to himself as,"a heterosexual with homosexual tendencies."

The happy couple has been making the talk-show rounds to promote an HBO documentary on his banishment from Colorado Springs, with the blessing of the New Life Church, of course.

Haggard and his wife were paid for their appearance on Divorce Court--sans male prostitute--which will air April 1st, ironically, April Fools Day.

Boy i must be jaded to the tenth degree... I have my suspicions that this is just another publicity stunt in a desperate attempt to remain in the spot light. Maybe between the documentary, all of these talk show appearances and now Divorce Court ... could they be auditioning for their own reality show? I looked around but couldn't find a vid clip... if anyone comes across one please post.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by The All Seeing I]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join