It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyroluria: Having Seizures, Depression, Sensitivity to Light, Sound, Touch?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I realize this thread is old, but I just learned about this Pyroluria disorder.

Anyone that has a depressed, anxious, angry/argumentative, insomniac, pale skinned, breakfast skipper, no dreaming, ADDADHD, schizophrenic, alcoholic, etc, person in their family needs to look into this.

Just imagine, vitamin supplementation could help or cure many of these individuals.

I will come back to this thread after seeing how this works out for a family member, and report back.

A link to read up on this.

drkaslow.com...

Edit to add: You don't have to have all these symptoms! But even one of them, you should read up on this.
edit on 20-10-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am back to report on this. I asked 2 family members that had most of the indicators for pyroluria to try these vitamins and explained about their possible deficiency. The giveaway was the symptom of not dreaming. Both people in my family mentioned not ever dreaming.

I bought B100 vitamins from costco and 50 mg zinc tablets. They took the B in the morning with food and the zinc later in the day with food.

Immediately they took effect with nightly dreaming and better sleep. The next obvious thing was, both people noticeably stopped reacting to stress in an irrational way, like they would normally do. (Overreacting with anger to everyday problems). I personally could tell, living with them, that there was a lot less stress in the house.

They have both been taking these vitamins for at least 6 months now, and they both tell me that if they don't take them, they can tell. Actually at this point though, one of them has lost weight, that he did not need to lose, so keep that in mind, they do give you energy and to that end, probably speed up your metabolism. The other did not lose weight though, calorie hog!

Along with the more rational thought improvement, they both had less feelings of depression, and feelings of wanting to be isolated from people. That was a big deal! Those issues can ruin a person.

I think at this point they both have taken a break here and there from the vitamins, because they do give them upset stomach sometimes, and the zinc was cut down to half the dose after a while because it makes them a bit speedy and can make it hard to fall asleep.

One thing is for sure, they know, and I know when they skipped their daily vitamin. The effect is basically immediate. I feel bad asking sometimes, but I ask on those skipped days, if they did in fact skip, and I am always right.

Edit to add: I can not stress enough how big the effect was on their moods. One was making me very nervous with the amount of unexplainable depression they were living with, and that turned around almost immediately. I at first thought that change was because of the mental effect of taking something to help one's self, but now after 6 months on these vitamins, I know it's the vitamins and not just a placebo effect. The more depressed person has a social life now and a love life! I am so, so happy to have learned about this issue.
edit on 26-5-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey Unity still there? I know its an old thread but cant figure out to contact you directly. Also diagnosed with Pyroluria, would love chat about it! Reply if you can,,, thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Oh, great. Another "hard to diagnose" disease that the hypochondriacs can latch onto to make them feel special. I guess Morgellon's has gone out of style.
edit on 11-12-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

It's easy to test, send out lab results to check for the marker in urine.

Sorry to disappoint.

posted on Dec, 11 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: joepaleo333

Unity retired, Ringdingdong can help. U2u me.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hi Unityemisions

I also have recently been diagnosed with pyroluria and ur post inspired me to join the group. I also feel like I have an almost responsibility to raise awareness of pyroluria.

Anyway I have been taking zinc, b6, biotin, epo but I was wondering if u could advice me. My reading was 0.98 corrected for osmolality so pretty high iv been told. I am feeling better on the supplements mentally but I find I have been getting diarrhea is this normal?

Also you might be interested I was reading about the link between lymes and pyroluria and apparently b3 reduces pryroles and help heal lymes disease what do you think?

Any ones ideas would be greatly appreciated x

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join