It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian TV propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The other night my wife and I were sat down from between 7:30 till about 10:30 watching TV. We were chatting away abuot something then a TV advert caught our eye.
It was advertising mainstream russian news (Pretty sure it was news), obviously it was fairly cheesy in the production values which was the reason why it drew our attention.
After it had finished we both discussed why on earth it would be on at prime time and was this some sort of propaganda. Most likley its aimed at the hordes of immigrants we have here from that neck of the woods.

Also on BBC Breakfast there was a segment on snowfall in Russia which I thought was odd as the chance of heavy snow there is pretty common and not something that I personally would deem newsworthy.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it the case that I maybe reading too much into this. I don't know but it has certainly made me think that russian powers maybe infiltrating our viewing habits.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by hightower]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Seriously no-one seen anything?

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Maybe those segments were code words to a deep undercover asset.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Hightower,

I don't watch much television myself other than sport or films. Unfortunately, I can't offer anything on what you saw, however, if it's at all relevant, I'm originally from South Wales, and recently (while visiting family) we were all sat down and the local news programme started to focus on a report of particlarly heavy rainfall in the region.

Now, if you're in anyway acquainted with knowledge of South Wales, particluarly the Valley regions, heavy rainfall is as common as you like and even my folks commented on the fact that heavy rainfall is part of life down there so why make a news report on something that happens season to season??? Bizarre, myself having a slightly cynical frame of mind at the time put it down to the pure lack of information that the region had to broadcast and therefore did a 'special' on the rainfall. I mean seriously!

Worse part about it, was people were talking about it the next day in general chit-chat. The usual ''Did you see the news last night?....They reckon it's the worse rainfall we've had in 30 years!''.....in reality that's nonsense, it's actually very, VERY normal and if anything, it was a drier September and October for some years!

It begged the questions, why did they report and highlight the rainfall in the first place, and why did they 'claim' it's been the wettest in 30 years, when anyone with a simple understanding of weather would clearly confirm themselves that it hasn't been! It baffled me no end.

My folks and I actually agreed that the report was odd and that we didn't think it to be true.

Anyways, unrelated I know but I understand where you'd get your suspicion from, as did I!

Cheers

[edit on 19-12-2008 by BAZ752]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
hightower
maybe you mean www.russiatoday.com... It is no great secret and I am for media freedom.

BAZ752

coming from Ireland I had the same conversations about weather as well.. how wet, is it wet, will it snow, but then on a macabre note..are they dead, who is sick, they died etc..

top topics

join