It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush gets cranky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Matt Drudge has an article about an AP reporter asking the president a question today. The reporter started his question by saying "Sir, blah blah blah?

The president stopped him and asked "who are you talking too" meaning you will address me as Mr. President.

Drudge has the audio as well. Yeah I know not that big a deal, that is until we all have to bow before him... Seriously I hate when people feel so important the very polite "sir" is not enough

Transcript:
www.whitehouse.gov...
Audio file on drudge (click link that says audio below story)
www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Nixon was a LOT worse. His wife had to refer to him as Mr. President when in private! Let's face it, if you think you're fit to lead the greatest country in the world, you gotta be arrogant...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I was watching it the press conference live when it happenened today.
Dubya kind of snapped at the guy. Arrogance is in all of us I guess.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
I was watching it the press conference live when it happenened today.
Dubya kind of snapped at the guy. Arrogance is in all of us I guess.

To some degree or another. We also all have bad days. We can be cranky. I snapped at someone who asked me if they could install some software on one of our computers here at work. Said "Yeah, of course you can, jeeze". It can happen to the best of us, and it can happen to me, too

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
Yeah I know not that big a deal, that is until we all have to bow before him...

Exactly!!!

Or perhaps 'Your Royal Highness', 'King', 'Lord', 'Your Majesty', "Emperor', etc.....???

There is nothing wrong with Sir. It's not like he called him George, or Dubya, or Hey, Old Man or something. What a pathetic display of arrogance. Again!!

Matt should have reminded George that 'Bush' is just another word for 'C*nt' and he should be happy to get Sir. at this point.

by junglejake
Nixon was a LOT worse. His wife had to refer to him as Mr. President when in private! Let's face it, if you think you're fit to lead the greatest country in the world, you gotta be arrogant...

Yah, and we all remember what a Great Man and President Nixon was!!
Also, I totally disagree with you that Arrogance is a Needed Character Attribute for a Leader. Especially when that so called 'Leader' is for America. This country was supposed to be about the removal of those kinds of ideas. If anyone wants to bow down, kiss the rings or feet and/or Hail to a Political Authority Figure, then you should go to England, because this country is 'Of the PEOPLE, BY the PEOPLE & FOR the PEOPLE'.

A great leader is someone who serves those who he is supposed to be Representing, not his own Ego or Pocketbook!!

This sh*t pisses me off!!! What the hell has happened to the people of this f*cking country or the world in general for that matter???? Doesn't anyone understand what 'All Men Created Equal' means anymore??? Has everyone lost their self respect so much that they Refuse to admit the fact that the Emperor Has No Clothes!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I am taken aback that I didn't hear about this incident more. Bush and Donald Trump should form a reality show where people try to guess which country Bush is going to wrong-target next, and if they get it wrong Trump fires them and shoots them in the face. Wow, I should pitch that to Fox.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Now, this is wrong. What Bush did was wrong. No president should have said that in that manner. Now this doesn't mean that everything else everyone has been saying about Bush is true, but....that was messed up.

I agree with Bush on the war of terror and I agree with Terry on environment issues..... This is getting tough..

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I would love to meet Bush in person. So I could refuse a hand shake and call him BUSH...if you know what I mean...

top topics

join