It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dental question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
if you go to the dentist can they tell if uve ever dipped, chewed smoked or anything tobacco wise? if u dont have gum disease or mouth cancer or anything like when u take it out u brush ur teeth, could theys till tell?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If you have quit using tobacco products for some time, and no permanent damage was inflicted I don't see how they could.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would think that they could tell by the way your teeth are stained.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It probably depends on how much of what sort of tobacco product you used, for how long, and how long it's been since you stopped

I know that my dentist could always tell when I was smoking because of the pattern of staining on the backs of my teeth.

It's a good idea to let your dentist know anyway, since that's who would be most likely to find any abnormality that could be a precancerous condition, and if he doesn't know you use tobacco, he might not be as careful. And if you did have something like that, you definitely want it found as early as possible.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
if the dentist is any good, they should be able to tell. If they can't I might suggest looking for another dentist.

top topics

join