It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Booms at Redstone Arsenal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I don't have a link to post. I have a question instead. Throughout the morning, I have been hearing numerous loud "booms" coming from Redstone Arsenal In Huntsville, Alabama.

More than likely Redstone is testing some type of weapon, but I would like to confirm that it's nothing but testing (especially since I'm so close to them).

I know this has happened earlier in the year (Feb. 21/22, 2008), but not this loud in a long time.

maysville-ryland.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Opps, apparently posted in wrong forum. Mod, can you move to breaking news please?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If they have storage they may be setting off old ordance due to them being volitle; due to age. My dad and uncles used to do that for the navy.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Routine - wouldnt worry about it... now if your missing half your town... well thats a different story... but booms are routine.
*all ordnance that has expired is desposed of via detonation.
*training and readiness sometimes requires live fire

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, it seems that the Redstone Arsenal is still at it with testing. They were testing stuff there since before I got stationed at Ft. McClellan, Alabama, in the late 1970's. They did a lot of R & D stuff there.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
We used to live in Madison Alabama - just down the road from Redstone. . We lived there for 8 or 9 years. One day we were bounced out of bed because a missle that was being tested blew up. It didn't even have a warhead. The thing vaporized the cement building it was being tested in.

I'm sure they are just testing stuff.
No biggie unless you see a mushroom cloud.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I did AIT at Redstone and that noise was common in the early 90's...but a lot of movement and rail heads were going on back then, so ordinance disposal was common-place; as well as testing...

Like BP said - unless half the town is missing, consider it routine...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We live off South Parkway, off Hobbs Road and the "loud booms" are just that - LOUD! I have lived in Huntsville all my life and these explosions (or whatever they are) are very loud! Car alarms keep going off all over my neighborhood (including mine) for no reason. I can't even lock my car because if I do the alarm will go off at some point! It makes me wonder if they are testing some kind of sonic weapons on the arsenal that are causing car alarms to go off.
My mother lives behind Kroger off South Parkway and the explosions she hears are so loud they vibrate the windows of her house and have even caused pictures to fall of the wall.
Does anyone know what they are doing?????

top topics

join