It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House nominee: 'It would be the end of the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Before you start criticizing me....I do realize that this is from WND and some refer to it as worldnutdaily and so forth. (Thats why I did not post it under Breaking Alternative News)
If somebody else would of posted this article here I would of still read it. For those that don't like the source (hit your back button)

Full article HERE

Wyoming lawmakers oppose Constitutional Convention
White House nominee: 'It would be the end of the United States, and that's no hyperbole'

"Don't for one second doubt that delegates to a Con Con wouldn't revise the First Amendment into a government-controlled privilege, replace the 2nd Amendment with a 'collective' right to self-defense, and abolish the 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendments, and the rest of the Bill of Rights," said the warning from the American Policy Institute.

"The U.S. Constitution places no restriction on the purposes for which the states can call for a convention," the alert said. "If Ohio votes to call a Con Con, for whatever purpose, the United States will be only one state away from total destruction. And it's a safe bet that those who hate this nation, and all She stands for, are waiting to pounce upon this opportunity to re-write our Constitution."

[edit on 16-12-2008 by TrainDispatcher]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Such fear-mongering over the notion of the American population having a sit-down with the body politic to straighten out some matters that have been manifesting themselves for the last century or so?

Pretty weak if you ask me.

I would have expected better.

new topics

join